My shift at Byerly's (serving) started today at 8 AM. Because we were to experience a blizzard today day, the restaurant and the grocery store were hopping right when I got there. I got right to work and proceeded to really screw up my first table. I deleted the kid's meal while I was typing it in, but didn't know it. I realized this when mom and dad's food was up. So, I asked for a side of fruit to hold the kid over and I ran out their meals- but, they were wrong. I decided to bring out one dish from another table of mine for Dad (but I did bring what he ordered to) and I brought only part of the right food to mom. Ughh...I didn't hear her when she said that her eggs on the side were to be over easy and not the normall scrambled that come with the dish. This is why you should LOOK at your server when you're ordering. This is why you should NOT whisper when you're ordering. This is why you should NOT be picky! Sorry, a little frustration there spilling over...you may be saying "Servers should REPEAT orders." I did, just not the part about over easy eggs :).
This was the beginning. Because I had to correct all of this and the host kept seating me (and not telling me...lazy boy) I got behind. I ran around for about 2 hours - seriously playing catch up. It was like it was my first day! And I've been there SEVEN years! When you're a server if you get one step behind, even one simple step, you're in trouble. My fellow servers were great! They helped me through this whole ordeal. I LOVE THEM!
So around 10 AM I was racking my brain to figure out what was wrong. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm not a bad server. Then it dawned on me...
I never had my morning coffee.
Apparently, I don't just simply enjoy a cup of coffee - I need it. I can't function without it. People, this is a bad sign. So, I poured myself a cup, added a little cream, and the rest of the day was great! I seriously need to think about cutting back.
And the "Blizzard of the Century", well, we got about 5 inches - a mild dusting for a Minnesota native.
2 comments:
I totally believe in the power of coffee!
mmmm Coffee!!! I thought it was normal to be addicted:)
Post a Comment