After many hours of travel, we finally set foot on Australian soil at about 9 AM, Thursday December 27th. The travel itself was pretty uneventful - just long! We had a 3.5 hour flight from MN to Los Angeles, then we waited at the airport from 9 AM until our 6 PM flight. After an 8 hour flight to Tahiti, we got off the plane just to get on a new one for another 8 hour flight! The best part of the flights from LA to Sydney was the free wine (I only had one glass) and the movies. I watched Waitress, Mystic Pizza and Shrek Three.
After we met my dad and Stacey at the aiport we went to thier house to unpack, shower and sleep for a few hours. We had lunch and then we went to Darling Harbor to do a little sightseeing. We're back at the house now...6:15 PM. I think that we'll watch a movie, or rather turn a movie on to fall asleep to, and hit the hay early. Who knows what tomorrow holds!
Here's a picture of Dave and I at Darling Harbor.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
How fun! And what a long trip but always worth it! How was the movie Waitress? Mike and Jess are with you too, right? Do you have big adventures planned?! What is the weather like in Australia this time of year? Australia is one of the places I have always wanted to visit! Got your Christmas letter, thanks! Have fun and safe travels!-Kimberly H.
Have fun! I look forward to hearing about your adventures -- be it on the blog or in person. (We can still do that, right?)
Yeah for safe travels! I am excited to hear about it when you come back next to never....I mean in a few weeks. :)
Post a Comment