
I was driving home from work yesterday when this woman (who clearly has not realized the early 90's are over) crossed the street. She was wearing polka dot boxer shorts.
I remember when boxers were the craze for girls. We would wear them to school, out to play and to bed. And if they had the little butt fabric - whatever that's called (you know what I mean, right? It doesn't have a seam on the butt like regular shorts) - the better!
All this to say that I can't believe how quickly time flies. Today is my 29th birthday. 29 - I can't believe it! In so many ways I feel like I should be 16, 18, 21 or even 25. But those years seem so long ago. I apparently am having issues with turning 29 because I've been going down memory lane a lot lately! What's my issue??? In one short year, I will be able to click the 30's box on forms. Wow. I remember when 30 was old. Ha ha! Funny how the mind works when you're young - and I am still young, it's just that the "old" age keeps getting pushed back :)! Okay, I am rambling. Time to get to work. Have a great day everyone!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Becky! I am right behind you and you're right...we are not even close to being old yet! Hope you have a wonderful day!
I remember thinking that once I hit 25, I would be grown up. Well at 26 almost 27, with 4 1/2 children...I still feel like a teenager! Hope you have a great birthday and you are only as olde as you feel :)
I remember watching the show "30 Something" and thinking I had FOREVER before thinking about that age; and now it's approaching faster than I can light the candles!
As to the boxers; when I first moved to WBL, I wasn't aware of the "dress code". Remember those popular ripped up jean shorts they used to sell with biker shorts underneath? I wore a pair one day and got tapped on the shoulder by the vice principal at Central; he made me change into my gym shorts, which were of course, MICKEY MOUSE BOXERS!! (Which were in my opinion much more revealing than layered shorts with holes!)
Post a Comment