Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Summer!

Which means my life is really busy! Work is crazy right now. All of my staff, except one, went to be out in the mission field this summer (I work for YouthWorks - we organize short-term mission trips for junior and high school students in the summer. Check us out: www.youthworks.com). Kate went to Milwaukee, Laura went to International Falls, Zach went to San Francisco and Jimmy is an Area Director over 4 sites. The blessing is that I got 4 new summer staff to help me out! YEAH! Michael, Brittany, Jackie and Sarah are HUGE blessings! They've jumped right in and are doing great. Thank God! But since it's summer, we're busy. Busy collecting final payments for trips. Busy answering questions from trip leaders and on Monday we will start taking registrations for 2007! It's so crazy around the office because we're busy focusing on the present, but need to start focusing on the future too. I really like it, even during the stressful times. Because I'm working for an organization that is helping to make a difference. It's great!

Summer also means more get togethers - last weekend we went to Itasca State Park to celebrate Dave's parent's 35th Wedding Anniversary. We had a great time. Tomorrow we have a family gathering, next Sunday is Father's Day, there are birthdays, parties, camping trips. Ah the list goes on and on.

Anyway, that's what has been going on in my life. I know, boring post.

Oh! Congratulations goes out to my brother Mark who got engaged last weekend to Shelly! That means this time next year all of the Talcott/Keane bunch will be married.

Oh and I didn't say this either, my brother Brian and his wife had their baby the day before Mother's Day. Welcome to the world, Jacob!!

Write more soon!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Somewhat boring post :) but you are entitled, it's your blog! I know summer is busy busy...just in a different way. Hope you find some time to just soak in some rays!

Misty said...

how awesome to organize mission trips! two of "my" kids are going out in about a week. one to egypt and one to Jamaica...
I always wished i had done it...
i have to repeat, how awesome to be a part of that! :)