
Dave and I went to Dunn Brother's on Sunday afternoon between a couple's baby shower and a wedding. We ordered drinks (OK, I got an iced-tea and not coffee, but I was at a coffee house) and sat outside to kill time and read.
This is what happened.
I burned. I burned bad. And this picture was taken on Tuesday evening - 2 full days later.
The nice thing is that I now finally have color - the color of a cooked lobster!. The bad thing is that I have horrible tan lines. I will have to wait till this fades and then sit out (with sunscreen this time!) to try to even this out. I guess I won't wear a tube top this summer :).
If I had my mom's skin tone I would be nicely bronzed. But instead, I have my dad's coloring - thanks, Dad.
The couple's baby shower was pretty nice. Good food. Nice friends. 1 game. I think that all the guys survived. But when the gifts were opened, it was all for the girls :). Such cute itsy-bitsy baby clothes...ahhh, so cute!
The wedding was really nice too! It was outside and I had to wear my summer sweater so that I wouldn't get any more sun. The best part of the wedding was at the reception with the people we sat with. Each table's centerpiece was a plate full of cupcakes. Our table was so hungry that it took maybe 5 minutes for us to dive in and eat all the cupcakes. Then for about the next 30 minutes we plotted on how we would get more cupcakes. Thankfully one table didn't have anyone sitting at it...so we conspired on how we would take the cupcakes without having anyone see us. It was fun.
Well, I'm off to get more aloe-vera.
5 comments:
Becky! You poor thing! Being an Irish girl, I very much feel your pain. I was blessed with an easier summer though, I think because we caught enough rays in February when we were in Florida. Everybody around us has been burnt but we've just browned a little here and there. God bless the folks down at Tropicana and Coppertone (SPF dept)...
Take care!
Glad to see your update! So sorry about the sunburn....ouch! Aloe vera with Lidocaine is such a blessing, we keep it in the fridge....feels great on burnt skin!
I gasped when I saw the burn... have you been able to sleep alright?
I have been able to sleep. Thank goodness! And today I am actually wearing a t-shirt that isn't a scoop neck, v-neck or tank top. I think that things are looking up :)
oh my goodness! i am late in commenting, but WOW, my skin ached while looking at your picture. and to think i was whining about a burn just a week ago and i was a much paler shade of crimson then you turned out...
next time (hopefully there isn't one) washing with Noxema helps too...
Post a Comment