Thursday, March 02, 2006

Television = The Downfall of Me

I watch entirely WAY to much TV. You can bet that if I come home from work and turn on the TV that I will be laying on the couch the rest of the night. I always have good intentions of "I'll just watch this show" and then 3 hours later I am grabbing that remote hitting the power button and grumpily (word?) going off to bed.

This is ridiculous. It needs to stop. I thought about giving TV up for Lent this year, but decided on caffeine instead (a very good second choice) because I couldn't bear not being able to watch Survivor, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. These are my staple three shows. "That's not a lot" you may say - but the problem is that I'll watch pretty much anything!

Like, I am now starting to get into American Idol. I swore that I would never get into that because of the time commitment. I watched it last night and the night before.

If Law and Order is on - any version - I am a sucker and will watch it - like I did last night.

And there are a couple of new shows - one about new Lawyers (can't remember the name) that looks SO good and this new one on ABC on Monday nights about doing medical "miracles" for people. You may have seen the preview "Man with no arms has never been able to play catch with his kids," "Blind man has never seen his kids" etc...

Side Note: I am at the car dealership getting an oil change and this woman just called the Service Desk to leave a message for her husband. The desk person told the guy that his wife was on the way with a briefcase that he left in the kitchen. Husband just called his wife, and in a mean tone, for EVERYONE to hear, says "Turn around and put the briefcase back. I left it there for a reason. I told you that. Quit meddling. Bye." Interesting. I SO want to turn around and look, but I am going to refrain. Okay, I just took a quick peek, yeah, and he looks like a geeky jerk.

Anyways, TV. Last night I was going to go home, make dinner and work out (Dave had a work thing and wouldn't be home till late). I really wanted to work out. I've been wanting to work out for about 6 years now :). But instead, I had a snack, made dinner, watched Felicity (I have now completed season 1 - Dave, when are you going to buy me season 2?), ate more, watched American Idol, Law and Order, and then started watching Barbara Walters' Oscar Special - stupid. I forced myself to turn off the TV and go to bed and read. I was so tired, from what I don't know, that I ended up going to sleep at 9:45.

Well, my car is done - earlier than expected - SWEET! I love this dealership! So off I go to work. Have a great day everyone!!!

5 comments:

Felecia said...

How funny are you!? As to your tv ritual(s); I think I would be there right along side of you had it not been for the wee little ones bardging in and taking over (as if Andy hadn't already taken over the remote...) I too am a sucker for the Law & Orders and I'm finally starting to settle down from all of the CSI's. But I won't (repeat "WON'T") get roped into American Idol. Never never never - you can't make me. (Does it sound like I'm fighting it? Cause I kinda am...)

As to the jerk behind you - yikes! That poor wife, huh? I hope you shot him a nasty look or vibe or something! Shame on him!

Jes said...

Haha...yes! I am not the only one...or should say Mike and I are not the only ones? We have a tradition it seems at the Bowman/Kelehan house...come home,pile on the couches to watch T.V., eat some dinner, and check our myspaces. It is sad isn't it? And yet...I obviously can't get enough of it. You are not alone, girl!

Mandi said...

I love American Idol, I of course told myself that I would not get sucked in this year....and yet here I am! FELECITY!!!! Oh my gosh......so good. We got all four seasons fromthe library and watched them ALL the time. It was sick...it was such a great show...when we got done with the very last disc I was so sad!!!! Anyway, sorry for the ranting. You are not alone on the TV thing. I f I could stay awake past 9:30 PM I'd be right with you!!!

Mindy said...

Sigh.
the all consuming people. I kind of envy those who say "Oh, I don't watch that much TV." If i said that, it would be a lie. A big one. WE have TiVo, which can be a blessing and a curse. We record everything we want to watch with season passes, and then we watch them after we put evy to bed.
I am an American Idol watcher, only because libby and zac watch it so we watch it together. (I've only ever seen one other season.--do I sound like I'm making excuses?) I also LOVE Lost, we watch Survivor, 24, and Grey's Anatomy. I watch House, too, but not with regularity. All total, it's a pretty pathetic life I suppose, but to my defense, Henry is awake from 8-11 anyway...
How sad is it that often Jayson comes home and askes "what shows are on tonight?"
Maybe TV is the beast. :o)

Mrs. Hawk said...

And you know what it even sicker?? We don't have cable. Or Satalite (sp). Only the basic CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, WB and PBS. Imagine if I had cable!!!? Before I got married, when I did have cable, I would be up until the wee hours of the morning watching anything. So, I guess that what I do watch isn't that much, right? Please tell me I'm right! :)