Wednesday, February 15, 2006

AAARRRGGGHHH!

So I am sitting here at work and I am going to go crazy! We've instituted a new policy this year, and I come to find out TODAY that not everyone in this department really agrees on how it works! I don't even know. It's sucky. Really sucky. (Sorry, Mom, I know that you hate that word, but it really describes what I am feeling right now).

I just need to shut off my computer, turn off my phone, turn off the lights and lock up. As Scarlett O'Hara once said, "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tommorrow. " (And thankfully, tomorrow this issue shouldnt' be a problem!).

But that won't happen until 5 o'clock - 65 minutes away.

Kate just came in my office and said that today is the first time that she wanted to go to a Happy Hour after work. Yes, Kate, it's one of those days...

I love my job. I do! I love that I work for an organization that CARES about people and wants life change for youth! It's amazing! But today is just one of those stones on the path that you trip over. I want to pick up that stone and throw it at someone. That probably isn't the most Christian thing to do though. Hmmm....guess that I'll just throw it at something. Something with glass so that it makes that breaking sound when the stone hits it. That'll make me feel better :).

3 comments:

Felecia said...

I love that I'm not the only person who enjoys hearing something break when tense!

I really hate the feeling of being left in the dark when it comes to procedures, technology and the like in my job. I suppose the one good think you have going for you in your situation is that you're not the ONLY one who doesn't get it...(?)

Mindy said...

maybe after you've thrown your stone you can walk over to the broken glass and let it crunch beneith your feet a bit too! I hope your day got better!

Mrs. Hawk said...

I know, Jimmy -this was written in the midst of it all. You're right (but you're going to give that up for Lent, right :)), it wasn't that bad. Next year will be a breeze!