

I gave up caffeine for Lent and I have been tired since Ash Wednesday.
Really tired.
I've had two dreams of me drinking a Coke. I could even taste it. They were wonderful dreams.
I'm seriously thinking of quitting and giving up sweets instead. I must have been crazy to give up caffeine. Sure I had 2-3 cups of coffee a day, a Diet Coke for lunch, maybe another for an afternoon pick me up and then dinner - well, maybe one there too and in the evening I may have from time to time has a bubbly beverage or a warm caffeinated drink.
I know that giving it up is good for me. And I know that after Easter I won't drink as much (this doesn't count Easter morning - Caribou Coffee will LOVE me that day!) because I have promised myself that I won't. That much caffeine isn't good for anyone. And I know that.
But right now I'm thinking "Either give me a bed or give me a Coke - better yet, a Mountain Dew!" There are only 20 more days left. I'm half way there. I can do this (Picture me looking at myself in the mirror repeating this phrase over and over again).
1 comment:
You are completely amazing. There is NO WAY I could give up caffine.It just physically isn't possible for me to let go of the coffee cup. You rock! You can do it, but if you decide to switch to sweets...you still rock. I didn't give up anything.
Post a Comment