Monday, March 20, 2006

It was just a dream.

I had a dream on Friday night that I had a baby. This isn't my first baby dream. I had one a few weeks ago too. I don't remember all the details of this dream, only that Dave and I had a baby. Then, on Saturday night, I had a dream that we had twins. TWINS! But here's the weird part (for those of you who know me, you know that my dreams are not normal, but far from that - Mindy, do you remember my NKOTB dreams? Remember how I dreamt that Donnie dressed up like a cow - yeah, seriously, they are weird). Anyways, so I dreamt that I had twins, but I had one at a time - meaning days apart. What the heck? It was so so so strange. Again, I don't remember all of the details.

Yesterday after church a bunch of us went to TGI Fridays for lunch. Right next to us there was this cute little family - with TWIN babies!

Today I got an e-mail from my mom (now granted, she wanted me to forward it on to my sister-in-law Jackie who's having a baby in May) titled "Being a Mom". It's full of baby pictures and how wonderful it is to be a mom. Nevertheless, it was sent to me first.

Then later today, I got an e-mail from my friend Jessica who had a dream that Dave and I had a little girl. Here' her e-mail: "I just had to let you know that I had a dream the other night that you and Dave had a little baby girl and it was so fun holding her. You were such good parents...actually a little weird about letting us hold her...You kept telling me that she wanted her mommy and didn't really want Mike and I to hold her much...Weird...I know. Just wanted to let you know that is was a beautiful dream...if only it were true..."

Then today I reread an e-mail from March 3rd from my sister-in-law Bethany. She's having a baby in August and we're trying to pick a baby shower date and I needed to know what days she suggested (hey, I've been busy - I've been meaning to reread that e-mail for some time now. Obviously). The last weekend in February Dave and I went to my parent's house to help them clean it out because they are putting their house up for sale. Since Dave's parents live blocks away from my parents, we decided on an impromptu visit. So, I asked Bethany if she heard that we went over there. She said yes and then wrote this: "I did hear that you stopped by my parent’s house. The funniest thing was that my mom called to tell me “the news”! She was so excited/surprised that you and Dave were considering trying to start a family this summer. I laughed because I already knew this, but it was just such a shock to my mom. She’s silly!"

STOP THE TRUCK!!!! *screeching tires* WHAT???!!!

What did I just read? "Considering trying to start a family this summer."

Yup I read that right, but I for sure didn't say that.

I said that Dave and I were going to TALK about it AFTER the summer. A-F-T-E-R. Not during, not before, but after. And talk. Not "do", just talk. Baby steps here (pun not intended, well maybe a little) please.

We want kids. We do. But just not right now. Let us get through this first year of marriage first. Let us get through our home remodel. Let us have another summer of freedom! Let us be the cool Auntie and Uncle first. We are so not ready to be parents. I think that I am going to hyperventilate now.

Then, after all of this. The picture with all the babies in strollers was on my desktop. Thank you Zach & Kate.

6 comments:

Jes said...

Oh my Gosh...crazy babymadness everywhere. Waiting is GOOD. I am all about that. Ha ha...sorry for adding to the baby "signs"...

Jax said...

Becky, I love your posts. You are so stinking funny I am laughing out loud!! =) And you have definitely had a lot of baby stuff going on - maybe God is trying to tell you something! Or maybe life is just weird. Love you!

Mandi said...

Speaking as someone who is on their fifth baby :) It;s ok to wait...there are many times that I wish Matt and I had waited even a year to start a family....there's so much you can do when it's just the two of you. Not that I would trade any one of my children for the wide world, and I do think babies are such a blessing, but nothing wrong with getting comfortable with each others as people before trying to become parents!!! Trust the Lord, His timing is best!

Mrs. Hawk said...

Thanks, Mandi for your encouraging words. I know that it's okay to wait,even though sometimes I think "hmmm, maybe I do want one now."

Mindy said...

OK, I'm TOTALLY for Becky having babies. It's certain you certainly have them on the brain! :O)
But I think it's totally wise for you to want to wait. you're young. your newly married, bask in the freedom, in the sleep...in being able to drink all that caffene!!! :o) love you girl!
(oh, and I know i'm responding to all sorts of blog entries at once, but your dreams are totally crazy. I kept expecting you to tell me the twins had NKOTB heads, or heads of old youth group friends or something.) :o)

Felecia said...

Let me put on my psychology hat here for a moment...

Becky, you are a young woman who is right in line with how you expected life to go. The next "big thing" you see for yourself is motherhood, no matter how far away that might be. It's very natural that you would start seeing these signs. They may have been present a year ago, but they weren't considered signs because you were just embarking on your marriage.

See? This is all very logical.

ps will you name one of the twins after me? PLEASE?