I watched the movie Transformers the other day.
And I like it.
I have been on a mission, I guess you can call it that, to not like this movie. I refused to see it in the theater. I refused to watch it at a friend's house.
I came to the realization a few months ago that I really do not like it when people are obsessed with something. I don't collect anything religiously. And it irritates me when others do. If I know that you collect, let's say, rocks, and everyone gives you a rock or something rock-themed for Christmas, your birthday, as a gift from a trip they've been on, or as a impromptu gift, I won't do that. Apparently, I'm obsessed with not being obsessed.
I will admit, that I have softened a bit. My sister-in-law loves unicorns and I have bought her a unicorn birthday card once, and allowed Dave to buy her a unicorn book for Christmas. Her husband loves Transformers. He has tons of figurines. He knows them all by name, what they change into, what their favorite color is, etc. OB-SESSED. I have rebelled against this. I swore that I would not buy him a figurine. And, I practically swore on the Bible that I would NOT watch the movie. I have heard about this movie for the past 2, yes TWO years and because of this vowed not to watch it.
But then I saw the preview.
And I kind of got excited. But I didn't let it on. I had my pride, people! What was I to do?
People kept saying to me "you will love it! It's amazing!" This bugged me. And I'll admit, for a while I was content with my decision. Actually, pretty proud that I didn't spend money to see it. But, this little voice inside my head said, "Becky, you're going to like it. No one has to know..."
I held off as long as I could. And on Tuesday I watched it. And like it.
And because it's good to admit when you are wrong, to ask for forgiveness, I am stating here, on my blog that yes . . .
I WATCHED TRANSFORMERS AND I LIKE IT AND JACOB, I'M SORRY THAT I DOUBTED THAT THIS MOVIE WOULD BE GOOD.
There. I said it. And now I'm moving on.
4 comments:
This is CLASSIC! And, you know, confession is good for the soul.
May your humble heart give you grace to get through the weekend.
(I just hope there aren't too many people who hear about this!)
I'm with you Becky...I refused to see this movie too...my husband was all gaga over it. Then he turned it on one night as I was on the computer....and I was hooked. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I bought it for myself for Christmas!!
You know, Becky, I admire you for not only the confession but for going ahead and seeing a movie that was practically shoved down your throat by a lot of people...which is not pleasant. I don't blame you for not wanting to see it for a long time.
I agree with you about people's collections and obsessions...sometime they are a deterrent for those of us that would actually find enjoyment in something if it wasn't always in our face. :)
becky!! i love your maturity. you are growing more and more into the woman God wants you to be:p
Post a Comment