So after three attempts of bringing him to church with us (note: I would have put him the nursery from day 1, but my husband was a bit more hesitant of doing that)
We arrived early on Sunday. I was very impressed with our children's area! There was a visitor's desk where we signed Nolan up and then we were given a tour guide that took us to the room (he's a bumble bee...how cute is that!?) and told us all about the check in/out process, helpers to children ratios, how to fill out the form and how loved he would be. We put the sticker on his back with his name and handed him over. Then the tears came. Not from me, nope, not at all. Seriously. This isn't one of those "Not Me" posts. :)
Nolan went hysterical. Awww...he loves us! We said "We love you!" and walked away. We went to the service which was peaceful, for us, because we didn't have our squirmy baby with us. But I'm afraid that Dave was a bit more concerned about how he was doing. He kept checking his watch, the pager that they gave us and then his watch again. Just after the pastor said "Amen" Dave was up and running to get Nolan. Not because he missed him, but to "miss the rush". Yeah, right.
Nolan did GREAT! He had a bottle just after we left and he even got to go in a ride in the multiple baby stroller. What a life. We got him in the car and he was asleep within minutes. Poor bugger.
You're probably thinking, "Uh, I don't get the title of the post after reading all of this." And why would you?
Nolan's been in our life since June. Our lives have changed. We don't go out by ourselves very much. We have baby
And I love it. Being a parent and putting him in the nursery.
crap
he
brief
3 comments:
Good for you! :) Glad you guys were able to enjoy church- and Nolan for sure had way more fun in the nursery then being trapped on your lap. :)
And our pastor used us as a sermon "illustration" about the church growing and reminded us we have a fully functional, ready-to-go nursery at our church for when our baby is born. Yep, first baby in our church. And I'm not even adjusted to the fact that it's really happening yet! But I know October is going to come very quickly...
Welcome to the cult. ;-)
Post a Comment