This is the conversation I had with myself this morning. Yes, I said myself. And I wouldn't call it morning. More like pre-dawn. 5:45 AM. The, excuse me, butt-crack of dawn.
Awake Self: "Get Up."
Asleep Self: "No. It's too early."
Awake Self: "Get Up."
Asleep Self: "No. Didn't you hear me? It's too early."
Awake Self: "You need to work out. You said so yourself. That's why you set the alarm for 5:40 AM."
Asleep Self: "You're right. I should get up."
Awake Self: "Of course I'm right."
Asleep Self: "But it's too early."
Awake Self: "Get Up."
Asleep Self: "I am waking up. I should just do it. If I get up, I can work out and eat breakfast before I have to leave."
Awake Self: "Exactly! That's a great idea! Then you'll feel better about yourself today!"
Asleep Self: "Oh, but we've already wasted time. And I'd have to move all of Nolan's toys before I work out. And figure out the DVD player. And get water."
Awake Self: "So?"
Asleep Self: "Well by the time I get started I won't have enough time to actually do a full work out, so what's the point?"
Awake Self: "The point is--"
Asleep Self: "*snore*"
So, yeah. I got up an hour later, didn't eat breakfast (except for McD's drive-thru which, well, you know) and got to work just on time.
I need an accountability partner. Dave does NOT count. He actually stinks in this role. He made me get ice-cream last night! Yes, he made me. That's my story.
So how do I do this? How do I take control? How do I become less lazy? I'm tired. I'm gaining weight. And I don't like it. Any suggestions? Anyone willing to come to my house at 5:45 AM and drag my sorry butt out of bed? Ha ha! That's what I need. Actually, what I need is to win the lottery so that I can hire a person trainer, a personal chef and while I'm at it a maid. That would be nice. But I need to buy a ticket to win the lottery. And I'm lazy, so that will never happen. But a girl can dream, right?
1 comment:
Oh I think I can help. I won't be there at 5:45 but I can try to keep you accountable.
NO MORE being LAZY!
Post a Comment