Mr. Hawk and I have begun a new adventure together.
Carpooling.
After three years of driving in different directions for work, he's been placed at a new company (he's kind of a consultant) only 10 minutes from my work. So, instead of paying $100 for a bus pass to go in the same direction that I would drive, we've decided to try driving together.
We did this before, right after we got married for about 4 weeks because Dave was staffed downtown (very near to where he is now) and he had broken his leg in softball and could no longer take the bus to work. But we were newly married then. We didn't have routines. Now, three years later, I have my morning routine and he has his and they are very different.
You see, I like to take my time getting ready in the morning, but I also like to sleep in as late as possible. It doesn't make sense, I know that. I get up with 45 minutes to spare. I shower, eat breakfast in front of the TV (Today Show) get dressed, make lunch and out I go. Dave also likes to take about that long. So, the dilemma is this: Who showers first? Does someone get up earlier than usual? Does someone not get to watch TV? Then there is the actual drive. Other than the occasional phone call to my mom as I drive to work, I like to just listen to the radio. Dave likes to converse. With the morning drive, I can handle this. Most of the DJs around here, in my opinion, are bad. So, missing their chatter has been OK. But on the way home - this is when it gets sticky. I like to listen to my sports radio or I like to call my friends to catch up. With Mr. Hawk in the car this is impossible. Why, because, again, he likes to chat.
I'm struggling, folks, and it's only been three days. Today I actually drove by myself because Dave is working from home. And I enjoyed it. Hopefully it'll get better as the weeks go on. It's nice to be able to save the money on the bus pass. And, it's nice to be able to see my husband. But I miss Dan Barriero (who I listen to). I miss my friends Kelly and Emily (who I call the most). And I miss being able to sleep in a little bit (today was 7:30 instead of 7:00 AM - yeah).
2 comments:
That is a sticky situation. I'll pray that God enables you both to find a new routine that includes each other. Adjustments are always rocky.
I admire your attempt at the whole car pooling, especially car pooling with your beloved. I will be thinking of you, good luck girl!
Post a Comment