Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I Should Have Taken a Picture


I did not take this picture. But I saw a web just like this last night hanging from the overhang on our garage.
I got home last night around 9:30 PM after working at Byerly's restaurant. I grabbed my bag out of the car and proceeded out of the garage when I saw this. A huge web being made by a big brown spider. I immediately called Dave and told him that he had to come outside.
We both just starred at this spider making his web. We were hoping that one of the stupid insects flying around our heads would land in the web so that we could watch Mr. Spider catch his dinner. But it didn't happen.
This morning, I went out to the garage to get my car to go to work and the web was gone. Vanished. It was like it was never there. I kind of felt bad for Mr. Spider. All that work, more than likely, gone with the wind. At the same time, this web creeped me out. Grossed me out. Dave and I had the heeby-jeebies all night!

1 comment:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Creepy and magical at the same time. That's a spider web for you.

It's the same feeling I got when I watched "Charlotte's Web." She was so enchanting and delightful and wise -- yet I couldn't get over the feeling that she needed to be squished. Right. Now.