Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Book I Couldn't/Didn't Want to Put Down

I just finished this book a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Wow. What an amazing book. If you haven't read it, you need to. Just as I was starting to read it, my friend Amy told me that it's pretty impactful especially when you relate the story to your relationship with God.

If you don't know, this book is a modern-day (back in the 1800's) story of the book of Hosea. I don't think that I have ever read a book that really reveals the Bible so clearly. I couldn't put the book down and I didn't want it to end.

God's love for us is so amazing. With all of our dirt, our grime, our issues - he loves us. Read this book.

3 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I have never actually read this book. But I've had enough people (with impressions like you) tell me about it so I feel like I know it's story. It must be powerful.

Mandi said...

I lOVED this book...I really enjoy her writings! If you loved this one you need to read the Mark of the Lion series by her....it is phenomenial!

Mrs. Hawk said...

Kelly - READ IT. :) It's wonderful.