I had grand dreams for this summer.
I was going to work out, eat healthier and as a result, look and feel better. And we know from this post that this obviously didn't happen.
I was going to make the most out of weekends. I was going to explore MN. This didn't happen because I either had the YouthWorks Emergency Pager (for churches to get a hold of a YW person on weekends) or I was waiting tables at Byerly's. I need to learn how to take time OFF.
I was going to hang out with people more - go out for drinks on patios, grill out and drink lemonade on my deck. We've grilled out twice (the last one this week), I went out for drinks once and I haven't had any lemonade.
I guess I long for the "lazy days of summer" from my youth. I miss waking up at 10 and wondering what I was going to do with my day. I miss hanging out at the beach, watching movies, shopping...I miss NO AGENDA!
And now, the State Fair begins. In 12 days it will be Labor Day. Then, unofficially it will be fall. And I love fall. I love jeans and sweaters. So, I vow this fall to do the following:
1. Rake and then jump in the leaves.
2. Make a cup of coffee, grab a blanket and a book and sit outside and read.
3. Burn a pumpkin scented candle and bake banana bread.
4. Go for a hike along the river in Stillwater.
You heard it hear folks. I am going to make the most of this fall!
4 comments:
You go girl! By the way, it was nice to see you the other day.
Sounds like a plan Becky....as a mom I too miss the summers of my youth. Now by the end of August instead of dreading the start of the school year, I'm counting down to it!!!
Here's to a wonderfully crisp, cool and *relaxed* autumn for you Mrs. Hawk. Your plans so clearly laid out that I envision you doing them even as I type - it looks so devine!
You do it...maybe I could join you one of these days...:) I miss you!
Post a Comment