Today is Memorial Day.
And I was crabby because I have to work and everyone else I know gets to sleep in.
How selfish of me. How inconsiderate.
During lunch I was reading blogs and I was lead to this post through another person's blog. Thanks for linking to it, Misty. It opened my eyes and brought this day back into perspective for me.
Honestly, Memorial Day has always been a day to sleep in and cook out. I've never lost a loved one to war. And those I've known who went into the military were never in the heart of war. And I think that's why I've never given this day the respect that it deserves. Which is wrong, because it deserves more.
Thank you to all the men and women over time who have given their lives for this country. Thank you for not being selfish and sacrificing yourselves.
Thank you to all of those who are fighting daily for this country.
Thank you.
1 comment:
(Reminds me of those V8 commercials...)
Thanks for sharing your humble realization; I know I needed it too.
(btw - happy belated birthday!)
Post a Comment