2 years ago today we'd be in Rome...I want to go back there. We had such an amazing time in Italy. We went to Rome, Florence and Positano (Almafi Coast). It was gorgeous! If you haven't been to Italy - GO!


Anyways...Monday night. Dave was in CA last weekend to visit our friend Jay. He went with Robert and Mike - a boys weekend. So I could have used the weekend to plan a nice romantic evening for Monday, but I decided not too (I played instead! :)). So on Sunday evening I devised a plan that included dinner at the Macaroni Grill (on the patio) and a walk around Centennial Lakes in Edina. And maybe follow it up with a romantic movie, in the theater or at home.
Well, it rained on Monday - all day. The temps dropped form high 80's on Sunday to the 60's. There was no way that I was going to be outside. So we opted for The Cheesecake Factory instead. It was so great to not have a hour wait for a table (we went at 5 PM)! The meal was really good. I love that place. Then we walked around the mall, bought soap and Bath and Body Works and then went to a movie. After looking through all the options we chose The Invisible. Dumb. Stupid. Don't waste your money. It's not worth it. The only good thing that came about was that the kid working the concession stand gave me a free sample of frozen Coke. Now that was good!
We didn't exchange gifts (we just bought bedroom furniture) but we did exchange cards. I didn't know if Dave would get me a card, but he found the perfect one! All it said was "Happy Anniversary" with some nice words from him, but the card's cover was great! I love this picture - we have it hanging in our home. When he saw it he thought of me...what a sweetie!

Al in all in all it was a good day. It's hard to believe that we've been married for two years. I know for some of you that's not a long time at all. But it seems like just yesterday we were dating (although I can't really remember what that was like). At the same time, it feels like forever ago that we were planning a wedding. I guess the best way to put it is that our marriage feels like this is how it has always been and should be. It's just right.

4 comments:
Congrats on the 2 year anniversery! Zac and I just celebrated 2 years as well. I have to say, I love the card Dave got for you. I also have that picture and I love it.
Happy happy, Beck.
I have to say, I remember when you were dating very well. :o) How wonderful that you've had two beautiful years. :o) you know, that means you're not newlyweds anymore. Now you just join the "old marrieds" like us. :o)
Yeah welcome to the old married club!! I can barely remember not being married....makes me feel old, lol!
Happy 2 years!! I thought of you on your anniversary and was going to send you a message. You see, I have it in my calendar, which sits open on the table at home so I can glance at it every morning and then proceed to forget (almost) everything in it!!! Maybe I need a calendar like the cat calendar you keep in your purse...
Nigel and I celebrated 7 months yesterday. I CANNOT believe how fast time flies!!! But being married to a wonderful man is a wonderful thing. Congrats! Love you!
Post a Comment