Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Handbag Tag

My friend Mindy and I were "Handbag Tagged" from our friend Kelly!

I want to be one of those girls that carries a bag rather than a purse, because they look so chic and cool, but to be honest, I don't want to have a bag because what in the world would I put into it!? I know women that carry their Bibles and journal and camera with them at all times. My Bible is one of those big study Bibles - it's heavy. I'd have to get a new one, and I don't want to do that. I wish I could be a journaler, but I'm not. I try and try and try, but it's just not in me. Now the camera. I really SHOULD carry my camera everywhere because it would be great to capture some of the things that I see. So maybe I'll just get a bigger purse and put that in there.

So anyways...here's my purse. I got it in Italy on our honeymoon. It's small. My keys don't even fit into it!
Here's what it looks like inside. Jam packed! Sometimes I can get the zipper to shut, but this causes issues when I'm driving and I turn a corner pretty sharp - the purse falls onto the floor and the contents spill everywhere!

Here's what I have inside:

  • Small wallet - I made the switch when I didn't have to carry a checkbook. This has credit cards, receipts, some cash (OK, very little cash!) and some pictures.
  • Check book - this is not something that I always carry. We use our debit card most often. But I had to write a check last night, so it was in my purse.
  • Cat Calendar - never leave home without it.
  • Cell Phone - again, never leave home without it.
  • Advil- a necessity.
  • Benadryl - a necessity in the spring for my allergies.
  • Dayquil - from a cold this winter - heck, may as well keep it in the purse in case I need it again.
  • Motion-sickness medication (in my purse since I flew to Memphis for a mission trip)
  • Pens
  • Lip stuff (chap stick - which I use daily; lip liner/lipstick/lip gloss = which I use maybe once a week)
  • Face powder and oil absorbing sheets (for face)
  • Envelope with Twins Tickets for Sunday afternoon
  • Lotion

And here's my purse empty.

SO now I HANDBAG TAG Felecia & Jessica!

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Cute purse. But I doubt it would work for me, since I can't stuff a diaper or my Starbucks travel mug in there -- two things which regularly abide in my bag. (Although neither were in there on the day I was tagged.)

Enjoy it while you can! :-)

Jes said...

Ok, I didn't realize I was handbag tagged until today, so I will get on that. More to come...