So, I have all these great blog posts in my head, but really can't do anything about it for a number of reasons. The top two being that we were homeless all last week and work has been really busy! But we are home now, and since I don't really feel like watching Sunday Night Football (I can't believe that it's already started!), I decided to finally catch up on everything!
Post #1
My sister & brother-in-law Bethany and Jacob had their first baby! They had a little boy named Eli Robert on Thursday, August 10th. We're so excited! We went and saw him today, which was fun. He's a chunky little guy, but oh so cute! We're excited to be an Aunt and Uncle again!
Post #2
I'm adopting some of my mother-in-law traits! EEEK!!! I went to a personal wedding shower on Saturday and took home all the tissue paper from the gifts. I didn't let them throw the paper away. I'm okay with this, but if I ever start taking home wrapping paper, then I may need to be talked to.
Post #3
Our sewage/piping problem came out to $2,700 instead of $4,000 - PRAISE THE LORD! See below what created this problem. Grrr.... So last week, since we couldn't use our water, we stayed at our friend Chris' house. What a blessing!
I gues that's all that I have. I thought that I had more...oh well. Talk to everyone later!
5 comments:
your update is all positive! Congrats on the nephew, smaller repair cost AND the kind friend who shared his home...
and really, how er- um... practical of you to save tissue paper...
i looked to the ground there, with a slight expression of humility laced with shame.
Though i am not yet couragous enough to beg others to spare the lives of the papers which adorned their gift bags, it pains me to hear its crunchy splendor be trash-bagged... I save all of mine, and the "prettiest" ones i horde, for fear that a recipient (of a gift from me) may not see it the way i do and toss is vibrant beauty into the nearest can...
I'll forgive you (both) for saving the tissue - but please never let me find out that you've tried re-heating day old lattes, m'kay?
Congrats on your upgraded auntie status too!
Finally, I'll help you share in a big "WHEW" regardcing the lower bill for potty pipes:)
In case you don't see my comment down below, I love the pic of you holding the baby! You look like such a natural. Anything you'd like to share???
Well, if you want some more tissue, I ended up with a few pieces in my suitcase! And you thought you got it all... ;) Thanks for being there for my shower, it really was fun to have everyone together. Love ya Becky!
Great blog! Haha..at least you are very sneaky about the tissue paper...cuz if this was from Amy's shower...I didn't even notice you slip out the door with it. And just so you know...I do that too!See you tomorrow night.
Post a Comment