The baby has been born - Hallelujah! Now that this has happened I know that I can go to California without being in constant wonder - "Is today going to be the day?".Thank you NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, UPN, WB for breaking this news. How did you know that I was sitting by the television, biting my nails, wondering when little Suri would make her appearance? I was going to even postpone my vacation until I heard the news!
Okay - that's not true. I was going to go to California no matter what!!! Dave and I leave tonight for San Francisco to see my best friend, Emily and her husband Luke. We'll get to see my old roommate and friend Jackie and her new man Nigel and end the trip staying with our good friend Jay. What a wonderful way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!!
On another note - sorry for the randomness of this post. It's kind of like my brain today. All I can focus on is V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! I went jean shopping with my sister on Monday. Now, last summer I wrote a post on jean shopping and how much I hate it but was so surprised when I found jeans that worked for me. Things have changed. That experience taught me never to go jean shopping with my husband again because those jeans were terrible! Sure they fit me in my rear area, but, HELLO! they were practically tapered to the ankle! How embarrassing. I knew they were bad, but the moment of truth was when I went wedding dress shopping with Lizzie and saw myself in the mirror - GROSS. So, Lizzie and I went Monday. I tried on probably 50 pairs of jeans and miraculously found 2 pairs that are actually in fashion and fit. I have to say too that my butt crack is covered :)! Which leads me to this - Gap has new jeans that are called "Curvy". My question is, how do they define curvy. Because I am curvy. I am blessed. And I tried those on and, yeah...I'll spare you the gory details. And what's with pants only coming up half way on my butt. Who wears these things anyways!? Oh yeah, girls with bodies like boys. It's no wonder that boys are buying girls pants now. More selection for them apparently.
I'm drinking caffeine again (thank you Jesus that Lent is over and for dying on the cross for my sins). I drank 2 cups of coffee this morning - bad idea - I didn't have food in my system and I felt sick. But I've ate and feel better now. And I had iced-tea at lunch. LOVE THAT!
Well, I better say adios now. Look for me again in a week or so with vacation stories and pictures!!!! Only 4 1/2 hours until take-off!
3 comments:
Have a wonderful vacation and happy anniversary!
(I'm with you on the confusion as to where the other half of the butt portion went on women's jeans... if I have to see the top of some gal's T-backs hanging out one more time, I'm going to be forced to hand out serious wedgies!)
Have a great vacation!!! I am so jealous! You crack me up. I have to say I was nodding my head in agreement to the pants escapade. I hate jean shopping. Miracle of miracles...The other day I bought the only clearance pair I noticed happened to be in my size and decent! If only it were like that every time, cheap and easy! See ya when you get back!
Alright you have been back from vacation for a while now...still waiting for pics and an update....... :)
Post a Comment