Sunday, June 05, 2005

Star Wars - What's the BIG deal anyways???

Star Wars - What's the big stinkin deal about Star Wars? Is it for the outstanding acting . . . Ha ha. That's the FUNNIEST thing I ever heard! Is it for the romantic story line? I am going to have to disagree with that one. No wait, it's because of the special effects - maybe there is a slight argument for that . . . now. But not back when the first three, or middle three, or last three, whatever they are called - original three were made. I just don't get it. Dave just went to see the new Star Wars with some friends, for the second time. Yes, I was invited, but I declined. It made me sick to even think about going. I really don't like the movies. I was able to sit through original #1, fell asleep in original #2, and couldn't bear to watch original #3. And no, I did not see Episode 1 or 2, and so help me if I see Episode 3. I just don't get all the hoopla. I just needed to vent.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Hi Becky,

I browse your blog through Mindy Schoebs page....hope you don't mind :) I just had to comment becuase I don't get it either. MY husband is a Star Wars junkie.....they're ok, but not that great! So I feel your pain!

Mandi

Kelly @ Love Well said...

WHAT?!? Dude, Star Wars ROCKS!

:-D

Mindy said...

k. I feel like my type should be sepecially small here, but....I like 'em.
I don't like sci-fi and you'll never catch me watching/talking about Star Treck (is that even how you spell it?), but I don't know something about leah's hair maybe, then something aboutfinding out where they all came from...I don't know, I got swept in somewhere along the way.
But no marathons, don't worry.
(at least not since high school)
ok...enough confessions. I'm leaving now!)

Misty said...

mindy & kelli i am with you..... they are great.
min~ its star trek... and they AREN't great.....
being married to a man who would watch either star trek or wars in marathon fashion weekly if i permitted... so i can contest that one of these is great, and one is much much worse...

Mrs. Hawk said...

Mandi - THANK YOU!

To the others - May the force not be with you.

:) Becky