Thursday, June 02, 2005

Goodbye McDonald's

After 8 years working at McDonald's and five years working at their advertising agency, I say goodbye...with mixed emotions. I love McDonald's. Always have and I always will, but man! I am soooooo ready to be done with A...! I have learned a lot here. Many things I will take to my new job at Youthworks. But I don't think that I'll miss this at all. Yes, I will miss some friends that I have made (Jill, Gina & Jessica), and some of the McDonald's Operators, but I will not miss the politics of Corporate America. It will be good to wake up everyday knowing that the world doesn't really revolve around McDonald's. That it really doesn't matter in the scheme of life whether or not we advertise the Fruit & Walnut Salad rather than the Chicken Selects. I can't wait to be done! I can't wait to be done with having to kiss my manager's butt - which, I might add, I am not good at...at all. And I'm so ready not to watch others kiss my manager's butt!! THAT, my friend, is the MOST annoying thing EVER! I am so ready to work for a cause. I am ready to do a job that I know is impacting the world physically and spiritually.

Tomorrow is my last day. And as I sit here packing up my things (a tiny little box and a couple of framed pictures - after 5 years that's all that I have), I feel a sense of peace. I know that I am doing the right thing. It's time to move on. It's time for new challenges. It's time for new adventures. But I can't help but think that time just moves so fast. I need to enjoy life just a little bit more. So, for those of you who don't know, to enjoy life more (translation: spend more time with my hubby and work on the house) I quit B.... My last day is Saturday.

So, as you can see, really there have been a lot of goodbyes in my life in the past couple of months: Goodbye "T...", roommies, A..., and B. . . but Hello to a husband, new family, new job, and peace.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so happy for you Beck! You've been working so hard for so long. it's good to see you with a little "breathing room". I can almost hear the beginning of "The Great Adventure" cd playing as I type. :o)Yea for you!