Monday, January 02, 2012

Reflection

I'm just going to gloss over the fact that I haven't blogged since April. Glossing...and done.

I was going to start this blog today by reflecting on my 2011 resolutions that I was sure I wrote on here. Nope. That was in 2010. What the? Wow! Granted that was only like 10 posts ago, but still! I guess that I didn't write any last year. Probably better that I didn't since I was learning how to be a mom of 2. And what a ride that's been! Good and challenging.

So, as I reflect on the past and look to the future, here's what I hope to accomplish, or do better - what I resolve to do in 2012.

* To be more honest with people. In general, I'm a people-pleaser. I don't like to rock the boat, but because of that, sometimes the boat gets really rocky. Especially with my husband. So, moving forward, I want to be honest with what I am thinking/feeling. I don't want to hide them in my gut and pretend that things are OK. And approach people when I need to. This, my friends, will be difficult to do.

* To not sweat the small stuff. It's a good thing that I don't actually sweat the small stuff, because if I did, I'd be a wet, smelly mess. It's easy for me to get all riled up at the smallest things. It's like I go from sweet Becky to ticked-off Becky instantly. It's not fair to my kids or my husband.

* Better communication. I think that's something I can always work on.

* Attend church. (Look! Here I am already working on #1). We haven't been that great of church goers for a number of years. We didn't feel at home anywhere and because of that, it was easy just to stay at home. And then my relationship with God became one-sided. Meaning, God still loved and cared for me, but I to him? Well...

* And, the ever-so-popular, get healthy. It's time for me to get fit. Eat better and exercise.

* Learn how to save money when shopping. And that might mean fewer trips to Target. Sad!

So, there you have it! These are my resolutions for the new year. I hope to share my progress on here as the days, weeks and months come along. So, that means my final resolution needs to be to blog more. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

You updated your blog layout and wrote a new blog in one day??! I was SHOCKED when I saw you blogged. But LVOED it. Thanks for the thoughts you shared- I will be doing that soon on my blog too. I miss you and reading this blog made you seem not so far. :)

Kimberly H. said...

Ummm...ehem!.... I can totally relate to all you said here!!! So, the hard part about #1 is actually "coming clean with the husband"!!! If I can get through that I should be good!!! :) Miss you Becky! I am so glad you were my roommate even if only for a short while! Loved your Christmas greeting in the mail! I need to make a resolution of actually sending them out this year...I've got a good 11 1/2 months to get to it too! :) Here's to 2012!!!