Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reality Check

Before I had Rachel I had these grand ideas of what kind of SAHM (and for those who don't know what that means...it took me a while to figure it out...it's "stay-at-home-mom") I would be. Ha ha! Reality check, people, my ideas were way of the reality spectrum.

You see, I was going to have a clean house. Oh yes I was. I was going to put together a schedule to make sure that one room in the house would be cleaned daily. Like Mondays would be the bedrooms with stripping the beds to change the sheets and Tuesdays would be bathrooms and Wednesdays would be the living room etc...Well, it's been three months since Rachel was born and I have yet to create a schedule. I have no idea when I changed the sheets (gross, I know) and the bathroom! Oh man, the bathrooms. Boy do they need a good scrubbing.

I was also going to work out a few days a week. Now that is a joke! But this is something that I am going to do. I need to or I'll be on the Biggest Loser in no time!

I was also going to get on a schedule with the kids so that we wouldn't be lazy bones. I wanted to have time every morning when I would read to Nolan, teach him things like colors and letters and counting (some I have, thank you very much!).

I hear you..."Becky, it's only been three months. THREE MONTHS! Give yourself time, things will come around." And I bet they will. I guess that I'm admitting that I had some grand ideas. And while I do hope that I can keep my house cleaner, bake (I have yet to do that), blog, work out, etc, the most important thing is that I be with my kids. Because that's why I'm a SAHM. To be a mom.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Staying at home I think seems easy, until you do it! :) I now wonder how I used to get things done when I also worked full time! You will find a groove the longer you are home- and as your kids get older and a little more independent. Miss you Becky!! :)