The following was written on March 7...MARCH 7 and today is April 16! Yikes!
I'm a bit in the dark ages when it comes to technology. I don't use RSS feeds (not sure what those are specifically), I don't use twitter, I don't have an iPhone and to check other's blogs, I use mine as the gateway to theirs. So, with that said, daily I see that my last blog post was in September. Honestly, I've thought about saying adios to this blog. Closing this chapter of my life and moving on. But I haven't yet. I've looked for ways to save my blog in book form, but gosh, they're expensive! So, I've just kept it up, out there for people to read (does anyone anymore?).
Usually when it's been days, weeks (oh, let's be honest) months between posts, I've started out (or somewhere in the post) apologizing for not writing. Well not this time. I've been busy. And that's OK. I had baby #2, transitioned from being a full-time working out-of-the-home mom, to a full-time stay at home mom. And that transition took some preparing to do! And now I'm here, 7 weeks after Rachel was born, thinking of starting to blog again. But I'm a bit intimidated, a bit aprehensive - I'm afraid that I'm struggling (not sure that's the word...in fact, I know that it's not the word, but I'm not sure what the right word is) with the evil woman ailment of "the comparrison syndrome".
I read other blogs and I think to myself, "How do they do it? How do they blog every day? How do they have time to do it all? Gosh, I can't even manage to shower!" I was talking to my good friend Emily about this very thing. And she reminded me that they don't do it all. No one can. People write what they want others to read. When they post pictures they crop out the pile of laundry that is behind their kids. It was like a light bulb went off in my head (my issue with "baby brain" came after Rachel was born! I was fine while I was pregnant...or at least I think so.) people only write what they want others to read. Well, duh! So then I started thinking, "why do I want to blog?". Great question.
This is what I wrote today...
I'm not sure what I want to blog about. My family? Sure. Funny things that happen to me. Sure. But will people read? Do I really care if they do? I want to say "No, I don't care. Writing this blog is a creative outlet for me." But if I'm honest with myself, that's not true. I want people to read this. But not creepers. Ha ha! And sometimes I feel inadequate because my blog template is a free one, I don't advertise on my blog, have special links, etc. My problem is that I compare my blog to everyone elses. And that's not write (get it, "write" or "right" - it might be lame. It is midnight and I can't sleep).
I think that what I am going to do is just stop questioning and just start to write again, about whatever. Maybe people will read it, maybe they won't, and that's OK. And if my friend Emily can blog, then I guess so can I. (Love ya, Em!).
So...here's a picture of Rachel who is now almost 13 weeks old. My darling little girl. We'll say she's the reason I've been MIA in the blog world.
And I'll post more pics soon, or if you're friends with me, you can see pics of her and Nolan on FB.
3 comments:
Yeah!! So glad you are back!! Love reading your blogs:)
Even if two months go by before you get the urge to write again, I hope you keep writing! I will continue to be a faithful reader who knows about the same amount when it comes to technology!
Love you!
Post a Comment