This is me at 39 weeks and 5 days.
And ready to be done!
Not only is my belly huge (my doctor even says that the baby is big), but so are my feet and ankles. Yes, it's OK to feel sorry for me.
But I'm hanging in there. I know that any day now (or a week from now, but really, after 40 weeks, 7 more days is really "any day now" I'm going to give birth to a baby. A baby! Crazy. At my 37 week appointment we found out that the little guy was breached. Butt down. What a stinker. So I went in the next day to see if we could flip him. It worked! And it was painful! I nearly passed out; not so much because of the pain (oh, that was bad. It confirmed my desire to have an epidural), but because of laying on my back. The blood flow was being cut off, but we worked through it. If the baby wouldn't have turned I would have probably already have had a c-section. Oh well. Now we're playing "When Will It Happen" game.
A few weeks ago, my sister and I had another joint shower thrown by our sister-in-laws and mom (left-to-right, Mom, Melissa, Jackie, me and Lizzie). We had a really good time and the games we played were great! Nothing embarrassing or uncomfortable. Just fun. Thanks Girls!

Lizzie and I got matching suitcases for our boys to use when they go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We have quite a few matching outfits. Which we are both, as you can imagine, thrilled about! :) Really, mom. We love them.

And now here are some pictures of the baby's room. This picture was taken about a week or so ago. We had painted the walls these colors about 2 or 3 years ago to match bedding that we had. And the colors work perfect for baby! If we were to have a girl we would used pink accents. So, if Baby Hawk turns out to be Baby Hawkette, we'll splash some color on those walls (but we don't believe that will happen!).

Yes, the CD case will be moved eventually. We have some time, right?

And here's where Dave will change all the diapers. Ha ha. Yeah, if only that we true!

We're ready for baby. We've both tied up loose ends at work. We've cleaned the house. We bought some food for the fridge. We're set. Now we just need the baby. And I need a good massage.
Oh! And one more thing that I have to share. So, my birthday was on Memorial Day and we celebrated the day before with Dave's parents, my mom and stepdad and Dave's sister and her husband and our nephew Eli. Dave's family is all about themes so this year I said that I wanted a Ratatouille birthday cake, meaning the cute little rat Remy (
love the movie but really, I try to do something different every year so that they don't think that I love something so much that I want it every year or that I want any collectable items from that theme). This is the cake that I got:

It's a rat cake. Dairy Queen said that they didn't get many requests for that. I can only imagine what my mother-in-law asked them to do! I get the giggles just looking at the cake. How ugly! Makes you wanna have a piece, doesn't it? Well it is DQ, of course you want a piece!
3 comments:
A few things: I LOVE the baby's room! So cute! That cake is crazy, but fun! And oh my goodness girl, I can't wait for you to have this baby and be more comfortable!!! Sending you a hug! :)
Of the cake, we shall not speak.
But the room! Oh my word! I love it. It's perfect -- boy without being cutesy.
And you are ADORABLE, ma'am. Adorable.
If you need to find a way to pass the days, call me. I'm home for the summer now. You can come over whenever you want. I'll have the kids massage your cankles.
Or at least I'll make you lunch. How's that?
You look radiant (especially in the shower pics where you're wearing light blue) I loved catching up on the last few posts. The room looks great. You guys look all set! I can't help but think even as I'm typing you might be introducing this new little guy to the outside world. Thinking and praying for you girl!!
Post a Comment