And I'm going to get bigger - frightening. :)
Things have been going really well with the pregnancy thus far. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I'm a bit scared that she's going to tell me that I've gained too much weight. For the most part, I was doing really good - eating well, staying away from snacks, etc. But in the last month my sweet tooth has really kicked in! Candy: yum; ice-cream: yum; Coca-Cola: yum; cake: yum; brownies: yum. Yum. Yum. Yum. I'm in trouble. I better get out some carrot sticks.
I'm starting to notice that my fingers are a bit more thicker than normal. I'm not wearing my rings right now (like, at this very second) which is unusual for me because I wear them all the time. I want to wear them as long as possible, but I have a fear that what if they get stuck and I can't get them off and I have to get them cut off and then the personal will accidentally cut my finger. Unlikely, sure, but still - I do not want that to happen! So, do I buy a larger ring to wear on my hand or wear my wedding ring on a chain around my neck? I'd be so nervous that the chain would break, so I'm leaning towards larger ring.
Sleeping is becoming a challenge. I have my little pillow snug under my belly, which helps, but I'm such a flipper in my sleep, which is not easy to do anymore. At all. I'm up three or four times to readjust my sleeping position and since I'm up, I go to the bathroom. I growl just a bit as I walk by my dear husband who is fast asleep. I want to be there. And then when I get back to bed, fluff and stuff the pillows and get comfortable Baby Hawk starts to move around. Which causes some discomfort, but I feel bad for the little guy because he seems to move more on the side that I am laying on. I'm probably squishing him!
Breathing is getting tougher. Sitting for long periods of time is getting tougher. Bending over to pick something up, tie a shoe, put on socks, etc...is becoming almost impossible. Dave's been great at helping though for which I am very thankful! But honestly, I'm nervous for the next 10 weeks - if I am feeling like this now, what will I be like come June? 10 weeks left. Eeek! I'm excited, but it still doesn't feel real. I'm not sure that it will until he's in my arms.
We are getting settled more and more for Baby Hawk. We have the crib. We just ordered the dresser. We have bedding, clothes, diapers...it's all coming together! We found a doctor for the baby, registered at the hospital, signed up for birth classes and are looking into a "Bringing Home Baby Class", and working on FMLA.
Yesterday was my last day at Byerly's. After 8 years of waiting tables I'm done. WHOOP-WHOOP! It was an uneventful last day. No horrid customers and actually, we were really slow, so we didn't really have that many anyways. It was actually quite a disappointing day. I didn't get a card or a cake - they did pay for my meal. And I got a reuben sandwich. I should have gone for the gold and got an expensive entree or something. Ha ha. It's good to be done though. I was exhausted after working for 5 hours. There is no way that I could keep working there. And now that Dave and I have made the decision that I'm going to work after the baby is born (4 days a week) there is no reason to hold on to this job.
So there's the update! I should go and pull my baby boy name list again and narrow it down now. And get Dave's feedback. Baby Hawk is not going to be his official name!
No comments:
Post a Comment