Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting Settled

I am officially 28 1/2 weeks along. In 11 1/2 weeks (give or take a few days) I'll be a mom. A MOM! It's crazy to think that the day is approaching. And quickly! Before I know it, it'll be time. Wow.

What's happened so far . . .
  • I'm getting bigger.
  • The baby is moving a lot!
  • We got a crib and Dave put it up in no time!
  • We had our first baby shower.
  • We're in discussions about "to work, or not to work".
  • I'm getting bigger.
  • I'm starting to need to go to the bathroom all the time (mostly because when I sneeze, well, you know...)

What needs to be done . . .

  • Pick a doctor for the little guy.
  • Get life insurance (no lectures, please).
  • Decide what to do for above "to work, or not to work" point.
  • Get some home improvment projects done so that we can get baby hawk's room ready.
  • Have 3 more showers (yup, three).
  • Double check the registeries before above mentioned showers.
  • Pick a name.
  • Finish pregnany books.

I had a baby shower today and it was great! I was feeling like a cold was coming on for the past few days so I was really nervous that I would be down for the count today. I kept praying "Lord, hold it off." and He did! I'm still feeling a bit sick, but hopeful that this is the worse of it. Like I said, the shower was really great. We got a bunch of clothes and much needed supplies and some fun things to! I'm ready to put the room together and start getting organized. Right now it looks like someone went in the basement and threw up baby. :) I should leave the computer and mosy on over to the mess.

Well, I'll leave you with some pictures! We just got a new camera so there will be more to come in the next few weeks and months!

Add Image
A little outfit for the little bugger.
A blanket for our little rock star.
Dave's mom and sister.


My good friends (most of the group threw the party!)

My mom and grandma.

This is a picture that shows the belly. I'll have to take an "official" belly soon!

1 comment:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

WOO-HOO! Pictures!

Looks like a great party. And LOOK AT YOUR BELLY! You are too cute for words.

I can't believe how close I live to your family; we MUST plan a time to get together. And hurry! You've only got 11 weeks!