Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sweet tea...not just sweetened, but delicious. When I started working at YouthWorks 4 years ago (time sure flies!) I was a stranger to sweet tea. In fact, when it was offered to me I would pass. I was not a fan, did I think, of sweet tea. I figured it was like fountain ice-tea. Gross. I was a purest. A full glass of ice with fresh brewed tea topped off with a lemon was all that I needed. No Equal. No Sweet and Low. No sugar. Just give me the pure stuff, baby.

But people around here love, and I mean love sweet tea. Because we have a few southern folk here, and those who have worked in the south and are now therefore, southern, sweet tea started showing up at events. I slowly began to try it (my husband is probably saying "try this approach with mushrooms, honey." That will not happen. I have some standards.). And golly, I liked it.

And now I crave it. McD's is offering large sweet teas for $1. Oh, the temptation. I got one today. And it was yummy. I'm tempted to get another. But I won't because I have the whole summer to indulge.

Don't worry, Mom. I haven't given up my purest roots. I still love a big glass of fresh brewed, non sweetened, tea topped off with a lemon. That sounds good right now. In fact, maybe I'll make some tonight. Yes, indeed I will (and when I learn how to make sweet tea, I'll make that too!).

3 comments:

LaDonna said...

oh I love Sweet Tea!! I was wondering if McD's would be any good...mmm now I want to go home and make some tea as well:)

Robert Dressel said...

We love the Mickey D's sweet tea too! We're hooked and it's only a buck!! :-)

Kimberly H. said...

Hey Becky! I got a chance to catch up on some blogging and actually read them! SO wish I could have been at the shower I am so excited for you...and I am so out of the loop never been pregnant and all (and still not)...what is a bella belt and what does it do?! I have always had the mixed "excited yet terrified" feelings of having a baby and being a mom and everything too...ummm, so, Mcd's sweat tea is good...I was wondering about that too! Well, miss you much and take very good care...and eat those carrots! Much love too, Kimberly H.