Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bummer!

Last year (as in May 2007) my husband gave me a gift card to redeem for a massage at a nice salon. I really like massages. And Facials. And manicures. And pedicures (even though I hate my feet). But, life happens and I never booked an appointment, that is until three weeks ago.

The appointment was scheduled for yesterday at 5:30 PM.

Yesterday afternoon, after about 2 PM, I couldn't focus on work. The day dragged on. I was so excited to finally redeem this gift! At 4:40, I grabbed my purse, said "Adios!" to my coworkers and checked my cell phone as I walked to the car. "Two missed calls, huh," I said to myself. "I don't know that number." I listened to my voicemail as I buckled my seat belt.

"Hi Becky this is Mr. Strong Hands* from Rub Ya Down Salon*. I'm sorry, but we need to cancel your appointment for this evening. We had an error in scheduling...we have 6 therapists on and only five rooms...blah blah blah."

WHAT!!??

Then there was the second message. Maybe from the manager, apologizing for the error, saying that they could get me in at another salon today (FAR from my house) and said that if I reschedule I will get the "friends and family discount". I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my the paper calendar in my purse (I don't have one of those fancy-shmancy blackberry thingy-m-gigs). I called back and made an appointment for Tuesday and verified that I get the discount (about $15 off).

But I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to it. So much so that today I have a sore back. I don't believe that I would have a sore back today if I had a massage yesterday. Denial maybe?

Speaking of denial - Here's a saying that my husband says he made up. It goes like this:

"You need to go get your swimsuit, because you're swimming in De-Nile".

Hilarious, isn't it?

*Names of people and places have been changed to protect their identity.

3 comments:

Felecia said...

BUMMER INDEED! Sadly, Mrs. Hawk, I can relate all too well... For Christmas, my beloved hubby gave me a prenatal massage at the local salon and I wasn't informed until I arrived for the 8am appointment! (Mind you, at the time I had a very big belly, no caffeine, an insane morning and screaming sciatica... I wasn't a happy camper!!)

I will look for your post of relaxation after the redemption of your well-deserved massage!

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

I have just been looking at your previous post about the basement and I truly believe you MORE than deserve a message. Enjoy it when the time comes, and enjoy the discount too.

LaDonna said...

oh man!!! I would be sooo mad at them, I would request a free massage!! I love them too, and look foward to them all the time. You deffinately deserve a well relaxed evening.