Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is That Light I See??

Picture me skipping around this room singing "We're almost done with the basement! We're almost done with the basement! We're almost DONE WITH THE BASEMENT!"Notice: There are no piles of garbage, tools or old furniture. It is cleaned out!! This weekend Dave and I spent hours hanging the insulation into the walls and into the ceiling. We have ordered carpet and on Thursday the drywall people are coming to hang the sheetrock and the mudder/taper is coming on Saturday to start that process. On Friday our gas fireplace is getting installed and next weekend we will be PAINTING! And hopefully right after that our flooring will be installed...and do you know what that means?

It means that I will finally be able to do laundry at my own home - not at my parents, inlaws, grandparents, sisters, friends, friends of friends...no more bringing a load to Bible study or to a gathering. I will finally have my own set!!! You may remember me asking for advice on washers/dryers back in NOVEMBER! Yes, that's right, November. I have been without a washer/dryer since October. October, people! This is insane!

There are still things to do, like purchase a toilet and countertop for the bathroom, buy some desks for the "office" area, and things like that. But I can see the light. After four long years I can see it and it's glorious!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

YEAH! I've been wondering how you were. It looks like things are really coming together for you guys...that's so exciting!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

That's AWESOME! You guys should have an open house when you are finally done with the whole thing. What a huge accomplishment.

And, if it makes you feel better, we didn't have a laundry for the entire time we lived in San Jose -- and we had a baby the last 9 months of our time there! We did laundry every week for two years at my Mom's on Sunday afternoon.

I feel your pain.

LaDonna said...

that is so exciting...wanna come over to our house next:):)jk..I know the feeling of seeing the end of a project.