Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Healthy Hopes

I started this year saying that I wanted to get healthy.And, I've made some effort to do that. But then, there are nights like tonight (and yes, today is a holiday, but that doesn't excuse the other days) when I've consumed enough calories for me and my whole family. It started with MOPs. I had some yummy egg bakes, and a, oh.my.word. eclair-like treat. I was good with lunch, except for the Coke. And dinner, well, the meal was healthy, it was what we had afterwards. Valentine's cake, chocolate candies, more chocolate candies, and for good measure, a few more chocolate candies. And now, well, I feel sick.

I don't know why I do this. One chocolate is fine, and tastes good, but the more I have, the worse I feel, and they don't taste good! But I can't stop. And I want to stop. I have no self-control. I know that we just should not have these things in the house. And for the most part we don't. But when we do have it in the house (and we're suckers for buying such items) then it's a crazy feeding frenzy.

So tomorrow Dave and I are going to sit down and and write out rules for our new healthy life-style. Because we need rules. We need boundaries. And then, hopefully, next year when I write my 2012 year in review you'll see a healthier me.

No comments: