It's funny how life brings though you different stages of life with people. From playing with dolls with your friends to having real babies to take care of. Not that long ago I was in the singleness stage. Running around the city with my friends going to bars, movies, restaurants, parties, and just hanging out. All the time. Then, we all started dating. Dynamics changed. Sure we still hung out in groups, but now it was double dates. Then the diamond rings were put on fingers and we moved into the stages of weddings, weddings and more weddings! And then the babies came. Oh man! In my MN circle of friends, the ones that we met at Grace Church (roughly 12 couples), there are 21 kids (under 5), one that should have born in the wee hours of this morning, and 4 more due before May! WOW! And I have other friends who have kids too. And I have nieces and nephews. These kids are everywhere!
As I write this, my thoughts go to my friend Jessica who went into the hospital yesterday early morning, only to be turned around. I got a text last night around 8pm that they were at the hospital and she was going to have the baby! And it's been over 10 hours since I've heard anything. I don't want to be that annoying person who texts them to see how it's going, but I so want to! Yesterday we visited another dear friend who had a baby girl on Monday. These two ladies I am very close to (in fact, we live pretty close to each other too). And all this baby talk has made me think of having another one.
Yes, I said it, but I'm not sure that I really mean it. Dave has said "No more." And I'm pretty much on board with that. Especially when both kids are poopy, screaming, crying, you know, being toddlers. Ha ha! But then, there are these moments, when I'm holding a newborn and my heart just melts. And I think, why not? But then I remind myself of morning sickness, swollen feet, exhaustion, double strollers, only two arms, two hands and the thought vanishes with the wind. And, because if I ever did get pregnant Dave would leave me. :)
So for now, I'll just have to snuggle with all the new babies coming into the world and be thankful for the two fantastic babies that I have! Because they are pretty awesome. Today Nolan told me that he liked my new hair cut. Yeah, haven't cut my hair in about a year and right now it's in a sloppy, just-woke-up pony tail. But it was so sweet. Love him.
1 comment:
AWWW! I love this post :) How sweet!
Post a Comment