Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Commitment

I just finished Day 3 of a 30-Day exercise program called, "Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred". And, oh my word! This is a butt-kicking 20 minute workout!

I have to admit, I heard that this was a killer workout and that one wants to usually curl up into a fetal position during one. But, when I saw that it was just 20 minutes, I thought to myself, "Maybe I should do two in a row to get a longer workout in." HA! I was panting within five minutes. PANTING. Gasping for air, desperate for water and wanting to curse, but I couldn't, because I couldn't breathe!

Ok, that last sentence may a be a bit of an exhageration, but in all seriousness, wow. W.O.W. This workout is fantastic and horrible all at the same time! My commitment (since that's what I titled my post) is to workout every day for 30 days. Every day. I have 27 more sessions to do and that's a bit daunting. But I just did three. IN A ROW! And that's amazing! My sister and I are doing it "together" 40 miles away. If we don't do it one day, we owe the other person $1. And I can't let my baby sister get any of my money. :) We just haven't figured out what our reward will be for keeping to our commitment. We decided that something involving food may not be the best decison. :)

I'll give updates here and there to let you know of my progress. I'm really hoping that this will jump-kick start in me a desire to workout more. During one of the routines in the workout I found myself saying to myself, with my eyes closed, "This is for my family. My kids. My body is a temple..." and that helped me. I'm thinking of taking a before and after picture so that I can see the results (scale broke - yeah, ha ha - so I don't know my starting weight), but the problem with this plan is that I have to take a BEFORE picture. Ugh. :)

So, here's to 27 more days of working my body into a sweat. I CAN DO IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go to the gym with my version of Jillian (Cristian) 3 times a week. 30 minute sessions. And I feel the pain. I can't imagine 30 days in a row! So 'well done'.
What happens if you survive the 30 days? Surely you can't do this every day forever (unless you're joining the Army or something).

Good luck. I'll watch your blog with great interest.