Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Gorgeous Outside

And here I am sitting at my computer. Inside. Because we don't own a laptop. And to be truthful, I don't like them that much. I love the concept - the portability - but my hand always hovers over the mouse area and then all of a sudden windows are opening up, closing, or my cursor is in new places. Sometimes it's just too annoying.

But I'm really inside cause the baby is, I mean should be, napping. He fell asleep as we were driving around part of the city I live in (but I hear him kicking and chatting it up). Every April they do a city-wide clean-up thing. The city is broken down into four sections (from east to west) and every weekend in April the city comes by and picks up all the junk you leave on the curb (with a few exceptions). It's AWESOME! The best part is that people begin to put things out on Wednesday (city picks up Saturday) and then people drive around and pick up stuff they want. We've gotten rid of a lot of things over the years and it's great! So Nolan and I took a drive. We didn't really see anything, but it was fun to be able to drive slowly by people's houses without feeling creepy.

Dave and I will be married 5 years at the end of this month and I am trying to find something fun for us to do. His mom and dad are going to watch Nolan for TWO nights! Whoo-hoo! I'm very excited! Part of me just wants to stay home one night. We'll see. Any ideas?

Well, I need to change the laundry and pick up the house a bit before family comes over. My stepdad's father passed away last week and his funeral was yesterday. My stepbro is in town so I am throwing a very impromptu gathering. Better get the vacuum and Windex out!

Here are a few recent pictures:
First time at the park swinging:

Having a snack with Great Grandpa on Easter: A funny face on Easter:

3 comments:

Emily said...

I just had one of those moments where I am looking at your cute pictures of Nolan and I realized, this is Becky's baby! BECKY HAS A BABY!! :) It's surreal since I have never met him in person. Hopefully this summer! Have a great anniversary- hard to believe it's been 5 years- and can't believe that Dave's parents are taking Nolan for the weekend! Lucky!! :)

Lizzie said...

2 things...

1. even if you did have a laptop do you think you would use it outside?

2. WHY DID YOU NOT tell me the pick up days started... please keep me posted on what area is NEXT!

Jes said...

I know I am a broken record, but I can't help myself...Nolan is too cute! I love that picture of him eating with his great grandpa...chip off the ol' block!