Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Desires

Many people create New Year's Resolutions. Sometime the resolution is to not make any resolutions! This year, I decided to make a list of desires, rather than resolutions. I am not a fan of the word "resolution" because it has become a negative word.

Here are my top 10 2010 resolutions, err, desires (it's hard not to write "resolutions!") in no particular order:

1) Lose weight. Yes, I know that this is on practically every persons' list. It's almost a given. But this year I've put on a few pounds (well, a few more than "few") and I won't buy any new clothes until I get a bit smaller. Or a lot smaller. Dave's family is doing a "Biggest Loser" competition with each other. I want to win. Dave and I actually worked out tonight too! Hopefully we can keep it up.

2) Eat healthier. Not just to lose weight, but to feel better. We've been eating out a lot lately and I'm feeling it. So if you know of any healthy recipes out there (even if it's a simple chicken marinade) let me know!

3) To start Nolan's baby book and finish his first year before he's 10.

4) To find my passion. Phew. Writing it down makes it real. Oh, I know that I could delete this and put something different, but I need to write it. My life is pretty, well, boring. I get up, get ready, bring Nolan to Miss Linda's, work, pick up Nolan, make dinner, eat, play with Nolan, watch TV, play around on the computer, read and go to bed. This is my routine. Weekends are a bit different. I see friends, family, clean, be with Dave and Nolan. But that's it. And I want something more. I want to give to society. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus to someone. I know that I can be that with my family - my most important job now is being a mom, but I need something more. But I just don't know what that is yet. Is it working with youth? Young adults? Women? Elderly? Homeless? I don't know. This year I want to figure out what gives me life. What gets me fired up. What makes me feel.

5) To get to know Jesus more. I don't like my luke-warm relationship that I have with him now. And he doesn't like it either. This year I want to grow leaps and bounds in my faith. I want to know why I believe what I believe. I want to know it in my head, heart and feel it in my bones.

6) Not watch a single episode of Star Trek. Dave got the very first Star Trek episodes from season 1 & 2 for Christmas and his birthday. I really cannot stand Star Trek and he's going to want me to watch them with him, just like now with him watching the original V miniseries (oh, the torture. This is what happens when parents don't let their kids watch things when they are young. They watch it when they are adults).

7) To send birthday cards to all of my friends. On time. And not rely on Facebook to remind me of their birthdays.

8) To see my friend Kelly more than once.

9) To visit my friend Emily. Someway. Somehow. (Psst...Emily, move to CO. We can drive there!)

10) Organize the box of pictures of Dave growing up.

That's it! My top 10 desires for 2010! We'll see how I did next January!

I leave you with cute baby pictures!

Nolan with his cousin Nash on Christmas Eve

Nolan playing with his new favorite toy!

Tired little guy.
"Look, Mom! I can touch me feet! Actually, I can put them in my mouth!"

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I like the concept of desires versus resolutions. It's a better representation of our lives. Failing a meet a resolution makes us feel like we might as well quit. But a desire is ongoing.

Jes said...

Good stuff, Becky!!!