Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Thoughts by Me

Warning: Total Random Post.

I think that Christmas letters are so funny! Yes, I am one of those writers. I enjoy writing the letter every year. I try to change it up from year to year and keep it to a page long. This year, Nolan wrote the letter. People tell me that they really liked it. I hope that they weren't just saying that. :) Anyways, I really enjoy getting letters and hearing what people are up to. The funniest thing I read this year was at my in-laws house. They received a letter in which the mother was writing about her kids (who are now grown). She was talking about how her son was now dating someone after breaking up with the "girlfriend from hell" this fall. Yes, that was a direct quote. She wrote h-e-double hockey sticks in her Christmas letter!

One of my favorite things about Christmas Day (and Thanksgiving would be included) is that most stores are closed. I just love driving to our destination and seeing all the empty parking lots. It just puts a smile on my face.

Entertaining is a lot of work! 'Nuf said. I need a vacation just to recover. My house is still in disarray. And I'm blogging instead. I should just hire someone to come over and clean-up.

Christmas goes way too fast. Next year I want to make sure that I get all of the decorating done right after Thanksgiving so that I can actually enjoy this season. It took a while to get everything up and then cleaned up.

This year I have become more aware of the two Christmases - the Santa Christmas and the Jesus Christmas. I'm not sure entirely why it's been more obvious this year, but it has. A friend of mine and I were talking and we've decided that we need to create a new holiday called "Jesusmas".

Pop stars and Christmas music. Really? Really? Okay, let me give a bit of clarification. If the artist sticks to the more classic sounds, fine. But don't add synthesizers and try to make "Let it Snow" sexy. And! You radio stations out there that play Christmas music for weeks before Christmas, you know, you don't need to play the same 10 songs by the same people over and over and over...

We had a pretty great first Christmas as a family of three! Lots of family gatherings. Lots of eating. Lots of family gatherings and lots of eating. Lots of eating. Nolan made a haul with all the gifts - I'm not sure who is having more fun with them right now, Noles or dad. :)

Well, Nolan needs a nap and I need something hot to drink. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: