Last year my mom and dad signed “Dave, Becky & Baby” to their Christmas cards. Six months later I came into this world! They spent those first six months of 2009 preparing for my arrival by finishing the basement, getting my room all set up (I love it!) and attending baby showers. I arrived on June 8th – but just barely! I was born at 11:40 PM. Aren’t I a little stinker?The past six months have been a whirlwind for us. Those first few weeks were tough. Life as we had known it changed. Many friends brought my mom and dad dinners which was much appreciated! And my grandparents came over often because sometimes I just needed some space, so Mom and Dad would go to Home Depot, out to dinner or Target while I hung out with the grandparents. After 2 weeks off, Dad went back to work. He's working on five different projects. Sometimes he has to work at home at night because he manages a team from Manila.
I started smiling pretty quickly. My parents are so darn funny! At about two months I was laughing and talking. After12 weeks at home my mom went back to work. She manages a customer service team. She’s been there 4 ½ years now. She only works four days a week because she can’t be away from me that much. I mean really, can you blame her? I’m a pretty cute kid with a good temperament (I’ve been sleeping through the night since I was 2 months old) and a great personality. I like to be held, but I also like to be free. I love to lie on the ground in my diaper kicking, playing with toys and giving everyone the “raspberries”. And, if I do say so myself, I have a smile that just lights up a room and a giggle that’s contagious.
In my short six months of life I’ve experienced so much: The fireworks on the Fourth, trick-or-treating on Halloween (I was a bat) and hosting Thanksgiving. Okay, so my parents hosted, but I live here too, and I was a good baby while they got everything ready. I also went on my first trip! We went to Orlando, FL, for a few days with friends. I was a good baby on the plane, only cried a few times, but Mom and Dad just kept feeding me – and I love to eat – so it was perfect! We went to the beach, swam in the hotel pool and hung out. It was so much fun!
My whole family is excited for what this next year will bring. I’m starting to eat rice cereal, but personally, I think that I’ll be happier with real food, like carrots, green beans and eventually chocolate cake at my birthday party. We’re excited to finish the house remodeling projects – one bedroom left in the basement to complete, flooring in the entry way and a new railing for the stairs. We’re excited to get a grill for the deck that we finished this fall (I supervised) and landscape the back yard so that I can get a swing set for me or a puppy. Those are my two requests. I’m not sure how Mom and Dad feel about that. :)
I started smiling pretty quickly. My parents are so darn funny! At about two months I was laughing and talking. After12 weeks at home my mom went back to work. She manages a customer service team. She’s been there 4 ½ years now. She only works four days a week because she can’t be away from me that much. I mean really, can you blame her? I’m a pretty cute kid with a good temperament (I’ve been sleeping through the night since I was 2 months old) and a great personality. I like to be held, but I also like to be free. I love to lie on the ground in my diaper kicking, playing with toys and giving everyone the “raspberries”. And, if I do say so myself, I have a smile that just lights up a room and a giggle that’s contagious.
In my short six months of life I’ve experienced so much: The fireworks on the Fourth, trick-or-treating on Halloween (I was a bat) and hosting Thanksgiving. Okay, so my parents hosted, but I live here too, and I was a good baby while they got everything ready. I also went on my first trip! We went to Orlando, FL, for a few days with friends. I was a good baby on the plane, only cried a few times, but Mom and Dad just kept feeding me – and I love to eat – so it was perfect! We went to the beach, swam in the hotel pool and hung out. It was so much fun!
My whole family is excited for what this next year will bring. I’m starting to eat rice cereal, but personally, I think that I’ll be happier with real food, like carrots, green beans and eventually chocolate cake at my birthday party. We’re excited to finish the house remodeling projects – one bedroom left in the basement to complete, flooring in the entry way and a new railing for the stairs. We’re excited to get a grill for the deck that we finished this fall (I supervised) and landscape the back yard so that I can get a swing set for me or a puppy. Those are my two requests. I’m not sure how Mom and Dad feel about that. :)
We hope that 2010 is a good year for you! We hope that it is a year filled with joy, wonder, amazement, good times with family and friends and that you experience the love of the One this season is all about.
Love,
Nolan, Dave and Becky
Nolan, Dave and Becky
“That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. ‘Don’t be afraid!’ he said. ‘I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.’”
No comments:
Post a Comment