After much discussion this winter, Dave and I decided that for right now it is best for our family for me to go back to work, but I'm only going back 4 days a week. So then we needed to figure out child care. We are blessed (and I really never use this word) to have a great person watching Nolan! Her name is Linda and she's Dave's sister's mother-in-law. She lives between our house and my work. Perfect location! She loves kids and is really excited to watch Noles.
Today we had a trial run. I dropped Nolan off for two hours while I went and worked out (yeah, I did, kinda. If you call 30 minutes on the treadmill and a few stomach crunches a work out). She said that it went great! He was awake the whole time and when I came in he was sitting on her lap just hanging out. I'm glad that he was awake. I was worried that he would sleep the whole time because we got there after he ate and he fell asleep in the car.
I still have mixed feeling about going back to work and leaving him all day, but I know that he's in good hands. I just gotta tell her that when he starts doing all the "firsts" like crawling, talking, walking, etc that she doesn't tell me so that when he does it at home I'll think that it was the first time! And it might actually be the first time!
My first day back to work is August 28th. I've got to soak in these next three weeks and enjoy every minute of it. It's going to go so fast. These last 8 weeks have.
No comments:
Post a Comment