Today is the last day of my maternity leave. Twelve weeks ago tomorrow Dave and I were anticipating the birth of our little boy. It's amazing how fast the past 12 weeks have gone.
People are always asking me how I feel about going back to work. And the truth is that I don't know. Some people tell me that I'm going to hate it. Others that I'll love it and others that I'll probably want a combo of work and home.
This morning I sat with Nolan after feeding him. We were talking (he was telling me what a wonderful mom I am, how lucky is was to be born into this family, and that when he gets older and becomes a millionaire that he's going to give us a lot of his money) and I thought to myself "I don't want to go back". And then he spit up on me and a few minutes later got pretty crabby because he was tired (how he was tired, I don't know. The boy slept for 10 hours and was only awake for one!) and I thought, "Yeah, I can go back".
At least we get to ease back into it. He'll go tomorrow and on Monday Ms. Linda (his daycare provider - Dave's sister's mother-in-law) is unable to watch him (she had an appointment that she tried to make before, but couldn't) so Dave is staying home (oh, this will be interesting! Dave has only been alone with Nolan for maybe 8 hours TOTAL since he was born! I can't wait to hear the recap of his day!!). Then he'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday and I will not be working on Thursdays and for Labor Day weekend I have Friday before and Monday off. I'm happy for this easier transition.
So, we'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm anticipating a few tears (me) maybe because it'll be sad, or because I'll be so blasted tired! With Nolan sleeping 10 hours (yup, I'm bragging) a night, we usually don't get up until 8:30 or 9...but tomorrow, in order to be to work by 8 AM (eek!) I'll have to get up around 6/6:30 (help me, Lord!). Don't worry, I'm setting the coffee pot tonight so that I'll start the caffeine fix early.
I leave you with a video that I posted on facebook, but because it's so cute, I'm posting it here too!
No comments:
Post a Comment