Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm Teething


Yes, you read correctly. I am teething. I still have my wisdom teeth and I have one that is fighting to break free. About eight years ago my bottom left tooth was hurting pretty awful. I went to the dentist and she said that I should get them removed, but if I didn't want to, that would be OK because there's room in my mouth (gee, thanks).

But, I didn't do anything about it because it started to feel better. Every once in a while it gives me some grief, but just about when I am ready to call the oral surgeon, it feels better. Until now.

On Saturday night is started to bother me. Sunday it got pretty bad. And yesterday, wasn't a picnic either. Today though, it's terrible. I've been popping advil like a Hollywood actress. So this AM I called the dentist and they told me to talk to the oral surgeon. I called. And I have an appointment for AUGUST 26th! That's in 14 days! FOURTEEN DAYS! And that's just a consultation.

I'm hoping that the inflammation goes down and that the drooling goes away (just kidding, I'm not drooling) and that the advil and anbesol works. I'm ready to dig the dang tooth out myself. But I can't sew, so I'd have problems putting stitches in.

You may be thinking, "why don't you call a different oral surgeon". I could, but the guy I want to see is my step-uncle. I trust him not to kill me.

So, say a little prayer for me that this darn pain will go away. I would like to be able to eat again and talk again (for some reason my tongue seems to get in the way). I'm off to get my meds!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Well ironic you should post this today because Luke just got out HIS wisdom teeth today! The nurse told us today that this is a really busy time of year because people are trying to get their wisdom teeth out before they go back to school... Luke was lucky and got in because someone else canceled their appointment... I hope you are feeling better soon!

Mindy said...

yikes, lady! I think you should try again with them. Did you mention that it's hurting like a mo'? I had to have surgery to have mine removed. (can you have "emergency" dental surgery? mine was the next day after I called.)

Mandi said...

Oh dear..this is awful! I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed at the same time. While it was somewhat scary I lived and you will too. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I really hope the pain has subsided at this point.

I had my wisdom teeth out at 26 (or something like that). It was really rather simple. I say -- go for it!