I'm having a pretty good hair day today. And I attribute this to the fact that my hair actually froze this morning.
See, I have curly hair - not super tight curls or super loose, but just curls. Usually, by lunch, they've frizzed out a bit (not like Chelsey Clinton's in her junior high years), but enough to make me throw it back into a pony tail. But not today. Today the curls are almost perfect.
This morning, I did my normal routine...use conditioner, rinse, put in a leave-in conditioner, add gel (mega mega gel), scrunch, and air dry. Normally, I just get in my car and go to work. Today, however, I needed to get gas - and pronto or else I was going to stall on the freeway. It was freezing this morning (I think, maybe 5 above) and I stood outside while my gas tank filled (I'm one of those who is afraid to get back in my car while I am getting gas for fear that I will cause a spark due to static electricity and my car will explore). Since I was outside, in the bitter cold, my hair froze, almost immediately. I was afraid that if I touched a lock of it, it would snap in half (I've heard of this happening before, but never actually experienced this - can it really happen?). I got back in my car, hair thawed and dried and it's been nice ever since.
If I was vain, I would get up earlier just to stand outside to let my hair freeze every morning. Of course this wouldn't work in the summer and I would have to invest in some sort of hair freezer contraption.
I better start googling "hair freezer" ASAP.
J/K (I always feel like I am in junior high when I write J/K).
1 comment:
You're cracking me up!
My hair used to freeze almost every day on the way to the bus stop in Jr. High. I don't think it actually "breaks off". I would have lots of fun pulling the pieces apart and watching the crystals fall. I bet that was really healthy for my hair, but hey, so was that spiral perm. :o)
Post a Comment