It's been over a month since my last post. How horrible! I've wanted to keep up, I really have, but life has just been so incredibly busy that finding time to blog has not been a priority. I don't know how those of you with kids do it! You have my respect!!!
I'm sure that your sitting on the edge of your chair wondering how Caribou is. I have to tell you that my first experience was not all that I hoped it to be. Forgive me if I seem rude, but my years of being in customer service (McDonald's and Byerly's), speed is IMPORTANT, especially in the drive-thru! The staff was friendly, but they were not speedy. I think that I waited close to 7 minutes for my drink - in the drive-thru. This avenue of getting my medium skim vanilla latte should be speedy. Will I give it a try again? Oh sure. But if I want coffee quickly, I may just go inside or somewhere else.
Busy - holy moly, people! So, many of you know that Dave and I have been remodeling our house for close to 2 1/2 years now. First it was the kitchen, followed by the master bedroom and walk-in closet (converting 2 small rooms into one large room with large closet. Then we worked on the second bedroom (old master) to make it slightly smaller with a bigger closet. And now, we're working on the bathroom! We broke down the wall between the old master bathroom (the size of a mini closet with a toilet and sink) and the other bathroom (tub/shower, toilet, small vanity) to create one big nice bathroom! It's crazy!!!
Currently we are without a tub, shower, sink, flooring and ceiling. Yup, I can see the roof while I use the toilet. It's cold in there! And we need to find other homes to shower in (THANKS, CHRIS & AMY)! This weekend we will frame one more wall, scrap the rest of the wallpaper (a nice dirty cream with drawings of old cars), hook up the electricity and tub and put up sheetrock.
This may seem like a lot, but there's more! About 2 weeks ago we had a man come out to talk to us about getting new windows and siding. The 1 1/2 hour meeting turned into 4 hours with us signing a contract to replace ALL of our windows and get new siding on our house and garage! In order to get this order moving, we have to have our house appraised in order to get a loan to finance this project. This is happening next week and we need to get the bathroom done before that! I don't know how great of an appraisal we would get for a bathroom with nothing in it!
So, we're busy! It's crazy around the house right now. But it's all good. The bathroom will look great when it's done! I'll post some before/during/after pictures soon. Maybe of all the rooms too!
I'll blog later! Have a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment