Sunday, January 29, 2006

Many Excuses

There are many excuses as to why I haven't blogged in a while - a LONG while. The usual ones. Too busy. Too tired. Nothing to say...blah blah blah. But I read the blogs of others. So, in a way I am keeping up! :)

So here's an update on my life since December 7 (ohh, was it really that long ago?).

December 9: Our dear friends Holly and Robert finally tied the knot! YEAH for Holly and Robert! Dave was an usher and I was Holly's personal attendent! And boy was I worked! They had, I think, 7 or 9 YOUNG kids in their wedding. They were good, but a handful :)
December 23: My LITTLE sister Lizzie got engaged to Jake. They are getting married in November. I've posted two pictures - one when she was a little girl. When I say "Lizzie" most people remember her like that. The other is a picture of her and her fiance.
December 24: Dave's sister and brother-in-law Bethany and Jacob told the family that they are going to have a baby in August! Their first! Dave and I will be the child's only aunt and uncle - I guess that means that we are going to have to spoil the little one :).
December 25th: My brother and sister-in-law Brian and Jackie found out that they are going to have a baby boy in May!
December 31: Dave and I held an annual New Year's Eve party for all of our friends. It was super fun, but I must be getting old because at 1 AM I started to discretely kick everyone out. I remember the days when when would all stay out until 3 or 4 in the morning. Where did those days go?
January 4: Dave turned 29! We went with a group of friends to Buca de Beppo and sat at the Pope table. Super fun! Except for when red wine spilled on Jessica's white coat - I heard that everything came out all right.
All of January: House remodel. Dave has been so busy making our new master bedroom. Our house right now is disgusting. There is sheetrock dust EVERYWHERE. I cleaned today so that it's presentable at best.
So that's what I have been up to lately. I am still working part time at B's and actually liking it. It's going really well. Hard to imagine after my B's post. But it's good. I want to make a cup of coffee, read my book and gaze out the window between chapters to watch the falling snow falling. What a perfect winter Sunday afternoon that would be. Execpt now I need to go and help Dave hang sheetrock. I wish that I could just snap my fingers and everything would be done. Oh well. Until next time!

No comments: