Work: Work has been very busy for both Dave and me. I'm only working 4 days a week so that I can be home with Nolan during the week. Thursdays is our day. Going back to work on Fridays though is tough. Thursdays seem to be the best day to be off, logically - that way if someone wants a Friday off, we're not short in the department. And Mondays are just too busy. But a long weekend would be excellent! Things are changing at work too - we've acquired another ministry, which is very exciting! But filled with so many unknowns, and soon, extra work.
Nolan: Nolan is great! He's almost six months old now! He's talking a lot, giving everyone "the raspberries" (why do we call it "the raspberries"?), turning over from back to tummy, trying to sit up, and putting everything that he can get in his hands in his mouth! He makes cute faces, noises, and has the cutest laugh you ever did hear (sure, I may be biased). He's even become a model! Check out these websites: T♥toz Designs and Gonna Want This -Handmade.
Halloween: We went trick-or-treating with cousin Eli, Grandma Barbie, Aunt Bethany, Uncle Jacob and Miss Linda and Jonah (his daycare provider, Jacob's mom and her son). It was a chilly night and Nolan lasted about 10 minutes. Which was OK. It was a bit awkward going up to houses with him. People didn't know what to do - give him candy? Well, he can't eat it. Grandma would go up to the house and say in a loud, sing-song voice, "We have a baby bat over here! I'll just take one for him." Super sweet, but kinda odd. We also got together with cousin Nash, my sister's son, for some pre-Halloween pictures.
Yes, this was probably the best shot that we got of the two of them.
Vacation: We took our first vacation as a family! We got a great deal for Florida, at a really nice hotel. Of course we had to sit through a 3-hour timeshare presentation in order to get the deal. But that's OK. It was actually tempting, but we declined - that whole lack of cash-flow got in the way. Our friends Mike, Jes and Elli came with us. We had a really nice time, but it was too short. We could have used one more day. Nolan did pretty good on the plane. We fed him a lot. :) We went to Cocoa Beach, played in the pool, and went to Downtown Disney to walk around. We were going to eat at a nice place, but ended up at McDonald's!
Nolan sleeping on the plane.
Nolan and dad in the pool. No way am I putting a picture up here of ME in the pool! :)
At the beach.
Our friends, Mike, Jes and Elli.
Thanksgiving: I hosted Thanksgiving this year! It was my first time. Attendees: Dave's mom & day, sister & husband & son, Miss Linda & Jonah and my grandpa and grandma. We had enough food for 30! I made the turkey and it turned out really good! But it was done early, so it wasn't as moist that it could have been. But everyone brought a dish to share, which was fantastic. My grandma spent the whole time in the kitchen with me, helping me to make the gravy and get things set up. She was a big help! Did I relax? Nope!
Grandpa showing off the feast.
Nolan's Thanksgiving dinner. Formula. Yummy!
Two Thanksgiving Photos.

Black Friday: Every year I go shopping with Dave's mom, sister and grandma. We don't go super early - for us, it's more about getting in the commercialized spirit of Christmas. But this year, I did venture out at 6 AM to get a scrapbooking tool called the Personal Electronic Cutter by Cricut. Normally $200, it was $75. I couldn't resist. I walked in, found it, browsed, purchased and went home to sleep for another hour. Then met the gang at 9am at the Mall of America. I did get a lot done, and some great deals! It was a good day, for me. Apparently, Nolan was a bit of a pill for Dave. Poor Dave.
And now we're getting ready for Christmas. I can't believe that Christmas is 27 days away. This month is going to be busy. Before I know it, it's going to be Valentine's Day! So there it is. The quick synopsis of what we've been up too!
3 comments:
So glad to read your updates, just a little more detail than Facebook!!! Nolan is so adorable! His cheeks are to die for!!
First of all....I adore the "I'm stuffed" picture of Nolan...too cute! Secondly...you got a cricket?!?! I'd say I'm not jealous...but I'd be telling a falsehood...when are we getting together to scrapbook? Hee hee...
Lastly...would you email me the florida pic of us if you get a chance? No rush... ;)Thanks and great to see you blogging again ;)
Love the post...that boy of yours is getting gorgeous-er and gorgeous-er by the day (and he was pretty gorgeous to start off with!)
Thanks for linking to my blog too! Can't wait to see you! And I think we'll have to do more scrapbooking dates...you with your Cricut and all...
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment