Last Christmas Dave got Guitar Hero - World Tour as a gift. He also got Rock Band. Since then, we've acquired a few more Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. We've had people over to play, including some of our parents! He really, and I mean, really, loves the game. Me? Well, when I was pregnant, and not too big, I played. But then it was just awkward, so I stopped playing. And to be honest, I'd rather do other things like read, blog, scrapbook, etc. It's fun to play when we have a group of friends over. Dave will play the guitar and everyone else plays the bass, drums or sings.
But my baby loves to play! He plays every night and he's made it his mission, if you will, to play every song that each game has to offer. Now, when you first play the game allows you to play only some songs, and then as you play, you unlock more and more and more. He found a list of all the songs available for each game online so that he would be able to cross them off one by one as he played them. Well, for one of the Rock Band games he played 82 out of 84 songs and could not find the additional 2 songs after hours and hours of playing the game. So he went online and realized that the only way to unlock the last 2 songs was to play the 84 song gig. All 84 songs in a row. And I mean, in one sitting.
So, on Sunday, July 19th, I finally gave in to his pleadings to let him play. We figured that it would take about 6 hours (84 songs x approx. 3 minutes per song). He started at 3:15 PM. After a few breaks to eat, go to the bathroom, and console a crying baby, he ended at 10:23 PM. Here's a picture of the screen saying that he completed 83 of 84 songs. It was time for the final song.
And when he finished song number 84, this screen popped up.
Then we waited for something, anything to make this whole ordeal worthwhile. Like maybe a code for a free song download, or an address to submit a code to in order to redeem something, like, oh, cash. Something. But nothing like that came forth. This is what he got.
But my baby loves to play! He plays every night and he's made it his mission, if you will, to play every song that each game has to offer. Now, when you first play the game allows you to play only some songs, and then as you play, you unlock more and more and more. He found a list of all the songs available for each game online so that he would be able to cross them off one by one as he played them. Well, for one of the Rock Band games he played 82 out of 84 songs and could not find the additional 2 songs after hours and hours of playing the game. So he went online and realized that the only way to unlock the last 2 songs was to play the 84 song gig. All 84 songs in a row. And I mean, in one sitting.
So, on Sunday, July 19th, I finally gave in to his pleadings to let him play. We figured that it would take about 6 hours (84 songs x approx. 3 minutes per song). He started at 3:15 PM. After a few breaks to eat, go to the bathroom, and console a crying baby, he ended at 10:23 PM. Here's a picture of the screen saying that he completed 83 of 84 songs. It was time for the final song.
Legendary Status. That's what he won. Are you kidding me!? Now some may think that this was a pointless night. And in some respects, it was, however, although Dave really didn't win anything tangible, I won. You see, he owes me now. I let him play for 7 hours while I made dinner and watched Nolan. He owes his good, supportive wife 7 hours. I'm waiting for the right time to cash this night in for a night for me. Anyone want to hang out?
1 comment:
This cracked me up. :)Seven strait hours of guitar hero gets you more than a night, sweetie, I think you should plan a trip to MI!!!!
(Jayson is giddy at the fact that his occupational theripist said guitar hero would be great rehab for his finger)Did I tell you our whole family plays? Yeah. Evy named our band "Unicorn Warrior" :)
Post a Comment