Sunday, July 26, 2009

Growing Like a Weed

I'm not talking about this weed - which is actually much bigger now (this pic was taken 5 weeks ago!). We haven't cut it down yet because we were waiting to see how big it would get. But today there were a bunch of bees around it, so I think that it's time is coming to an end.The point of this post is about Nolan (I know, duh!). These two pictures of are Nolan in the hospital. Aww...so cute, I know. And these two pictures of are Nolan at 6 Weeks - he'll be 7 Weeks tomorrow (Monday). He's with his cousin Eli. I can't believe that he is 7 Weeks already! The time has gone by so fast. The first 3 weeks were really hard. I cried every day. Multiple times a day. I figured that I'd be a "little sad", per all the pregnancy books that I read, but I had NO idea what I was in for. Granted, the birth was a bit hard and then I had to be on steroids because of the blisters/rash that I got, and nursing wasn't going to well, and I was tired...but really, it was horrible. My mom was over a lot. She'd call and say "How are you?" and the tears would flow and she would say "I'm on my way." She was a real blessing. My sister came by a bunch too. Dave was great. Very supportive and as understanding as he could be. He was feeling some of my same feelings - that our lives had now completely changed and we weren't so sure that we were OK with that. But flash-forward 4 weeks and all three of us are doing MUCH better! :)

Nolan has started smiling. And he's so cute when he does. Hey - I'm not the only one who thinks so! I've had others tell me that. And he's giggled a few times too. He's rolled over once from his tummy to his back. But he must not have liked it too much because he hasn't done it since. On Friday we had our first major diaper blow out. G.R.O.S.S. We had to hose him down in the sink. And last night he slept for 7.5 hours. And on Friday he slept for 6.5 hours overnight. Whoo-Hoo! I think that he's going through a growth spurt because he's been sleeping a lot. Hopefully that's why and not that he is sick or something.

Oh, what else can I tell you? He hates the bouncy seat and likes the swing, unless he's hungry or uber crabby. He likes to eat - he can down a bottle in no time, but pull him away to burp and he whines. He likes to lay on blanket with only a diaper and kick and kick and kick. He likes to be sang to and loves to rock with his dad. And car rides aren't a problem at all. He's asleep before we hit the street from the driveway! And he's such a snuggle bug. We love that. But when he cries, oh boy! He cries - screams - and sometimes it just makes you want to cry. And this happens when he's hungry or tired. And he's a noisy little guy - he sighs when he eats. It's like suck, suck, suck, swallow, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Super cute! He sighs when he sleeps too, between his cute little snores.

It's been a whirlwind these past 7 weeks - meeting family from all over and having lunch dates and walk dates and learning how this little guy works and learning how to be a mommy and daddy. It's hard to think that on August 28th I'll be back to work. Not sure how I feel about that yet. That's another post for another time.

I'll leave you with one more cute picture. Maybe that's not super cute. This is what he looks like when he cries. Here he's telling us that he hates the "head holder in place" bananas. We only used them one time. Here's the cute picture that I was talking about. Come on, say it with me "Awww....".

3 comments:

Emily said...

So cute Becky! Can't wait to meet him in person. :)

LaDonna said...

ok that last picture is one of my favorites of him, so....awwwww:)

Mindy said...

LOVE HIM!!! LOVE HIM!!!!
I'm tempted to come to MN just to snuggle him!