
I'm pregnant! And have been for 14.5 weeks. And sick for about 5 weeks. So, blogging, as much as I wanted to, just took a back seat to sleep, sleep and more sleep!
This picture of Baby Hawk is at 13 weeks at 3 /12 inches long. He/she is now 14 weeks old! And hopefully coming into this world on/around June 3rd.
And I recently found out that my sister is also pregnant and having her baby in July! Craziness.
Things have been good though. I had been feeling pretty icky for about 5 weeks, but that, for the most part, has gone away. Now I seem to feel icky at night before bed and then random times throughout the day. I've realized that if I am hungry I need to eat. Right away. Otherwise it's a sad story. So yesterday when I went grocery shopping I bought a lot of snacks that I plan to store all over - work, car, house, purse, etc.
I'm starting to fill out a little and getting that baby bump. But I'm not OK with people reaching out and touching me. Because honestly, it looks more like fat. It feels like fat. I'm don't want to share that with others. Let's wait until it's a little more firm. I need to purchase or get some shirts to wear, because the ones I own are getting a bit tight (and they were before I got pregnant!). The pants are doing OK right now. But I have to find some stuff that I can wear when I go to Mexico next month. Hopefully my swimsuit will work...
We are very close to finishing the house (yeah, I know that I've said that before!). We're working on a few cabinet doors, a few finishing touches and decorating. We're having some family over on December 20th, so we hope to be complete (knock on wood) then! Good thing I'm feeling better so I can help out a bit. I'll post pictures as soon as everything is complete. It's starting to actually feel like home which is wonderful!
I'll leave you with a couple more pictures from last week's ultrasound. Oh! And in case you are wondering, yes I want to find out the gender. Dave doesn't really want to, but I feel like we can either be surprised in June when he/she is born, or in January. And since Baby Hawk is living in me, I choose January!!

This is a 4D image. Cool, isn't it? I can't wait until the baby is older and I can see it in this way.
***Update: Apparently 4D just means that the baby is moving. So, this is a 3D image of the baby. Thanks, Emily for the clarification!
7 comments:
I am beyond excited for you guys! Children are such a special blessing.....can't wait to see more pics!!
that 4D image looks like tin foil.....but cool nonetheless!
I agree with Jake -- that last one looks like a tin foil relief I made at camp.
But it's cute. :-) VERY CUTE!
So when can we talk baby showers?
Well it is about time! I've been waiting to tell people - NOT.
Take care of that baby.
about the whole touching your belly thing. I hated when people assumed they could touch my belly. I touched theirs back. it got the message across. :o)
Can't wait to see you!!!!
So I haven't visited for a while and have a few blogs to catch up on...but I love this one of course and am excited for you guys!
ok, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I am way excited for you and dave!! can't wait to hear more of your journey!!
Post a Comment