Give me an "I" - I
Give me a "R" - R
Give me an "E" - E
Give me a "D" - D
What's that spell?
TIRED!
Wow! It's been a busy week. Work, for the past 3 weeks, has been crazy! My full-time staff that has been with me since September transitioned out of the office to work in the field for the summer two weeks ago (I work at a nonprofit, youth missions organization). So, until last Monday (yes, Memorial Day - we are the few that have to work) it was just myself and my faithful co-worker Brady in my department! From 5 people to 2 - yikes! It's been tough! Then on Monday, two interns started. I am so thankful for them! They are great, and are quick learners, but I really do not like training. I just want them to be able to start and know it all. But, obviously, that's not the case. So this week we've been busy training as well as keeping the department afloat.
Then there's the house...oh the house...love the house. Dave and I went furniture shopping last Saturday and spent all day up in Becker, MN with my mom and sister. It was great fun! We actually purchased 2 couches and a rocker/recliners for the basement. They will be delivered in 8 weeks which means that we need to get in gear!! We want the basement to be done when they arrive!!! So this means that I will actually have to help my dear husband. He's been doing most of the work and he's incredible.
Last weekend was also my 31st birthday. 31 is not a very exciting age to turn. I usually have birthday parties with friends. This year the day just kinda snuck (okay, is this a word? My spellcheck doesn't think so?) up on me and I was OK not having a big bash. I got cards from some friends (thank you!) and some stinking funny e-cards (Hey Love Well - it was great and Jax, I totally laughed out loud!). Although my birthday wasn't that exciting, I did have a busy weekend! On Friday I scrapbooked from 7 to 12 AM with my friend Paula. I actually finished the wedding portion of my wedding/honeymoon scrapbook (I got married 3 years ago, I need to finish this masterpiece!) on Saturday I went furniture shopping all day, on Sunday we spent the late morning/early afternoon with Dave's sister and her family helping to cut down a tree in her mother-in-law's yard. We ate cake and I got to spend some quality time with my nephew, Eli! LOVE HIM! Then we went to my hometown to celebrate quarterly birthdays with my family. There are 6 kids in our fam, so we don't celebrate each person's birthday anymore on their birthday because we're all married and are starting to have kids...so this makes it easier. It was an eventful evening because tornadoes hit the town just north of where we were. Two of my brothers live in that town, but their homes were OK (thank goodness!) I spent some quality time with my other nephews Jake and Josh - Jake and I played together a lot! Then we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie (I did like it, but don't go expecting much). Then it was Monday - back to work, then back to my hometown to celebrate my birthday with Dave's family. Phew, typing all of that wore me out!!
So now it's Friday and we have a busy weekend planned and all I want to do it be lazy. Dave has softball games tonight and I am secretly (not so secretly anymore) hoping that they get cancelled. We'll see!
Well, I should go. I leave you with this funny picture (because let's be honest, pictures make blogs more fun!)
2 comments:
That pictures scares me.
A LOT!
Hope you get some rest AND some work done this weekend. Just reading your post made me tired.
Seriously, that picture is eerie. I cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to own a rat, excuse me, dog like that! Sounds like life is full for you...can't wait to see pics of the basement!
Post a Comment